The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just leased a M3---so my daily driver STI has got to go 41,300 miles---bone stock other than Neovas with 3,000 miles on them---brake pads replaced by Subaru dealer under warrenty at 35,900. Autoxed twice. (my ASP vette takes all the abuse)

Price.............$ 22,000

Also thinking of selling my 2006 orange Elise---Sport, Touring---No LSD---also 2 sets of stock size SSR's in additon to the stockers---4000 miles

$ 34,000

The STI is definitely going-----the Elise not %100 sure....

Any thoughts are welcome....about price or whatever you feel like saying

-----------
PS-----also have the hardtop

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mitch, how you doing ?

How's your reading comprehension ?

Leased a M3 today. Still have the ASP C5Z06.....actually thought for a moment about a vette for the street, but I need 4 doors. M3 was a big step up in refinement from my STI......I think the only thing that's going to make the wifey happy is if I sell the Elise also, but the STI has to go.....and probably the Elise....

My Vette is a monster, but the 20,000 I put into makes it even LESS valuable than before....besides that's my REAL racecar.

The Elise is COOL....still might keep her....eventhough I promised the wife I would sell it.

We will see.............

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did I miss it, or what year is your STI ???

·
Registered
9 Posts
Where are you located?

·
Registered
786 Posts
I saw the BMW purchase HB but I thought that you where man u vering for a new ride, if the elise was going bye bye. I still have mine and got a Panoz GTra for my race car, I guess I should try auto crossing but it is so wide it won't fit thru the cones. Kiddin, I love my elise too, but it is alway nice to try somthing new. I am real close to going to a 08 z51 stripped vette, I hear the steering is improved, but I have not driven an 08 yet.

Regards

MT

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Funny, I was looking at a M3. I hope I'm not being followed. Especially by Lehman.

Lehman's Elise is cherry. Great price with hardtop.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lehman where are you? Interested in the Elise. PM Sent.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am in South Florida ---Broward County

The Elise has the Starshield, Sport, Touring, Hardtop.....but I did misplace the bag the softtop comes in....BUT I have the soft-top

I also own a C5Z06 ASP Vette that I autox all over the place, and travel with nationally.......have autoxed the Elise about a dozen times or so. Autoxed this Vette about 200 times or so. I also have two sets of SSR wheels available----one set Hoosiers % 50-60 left other set like 30 % left.

Car is bone stock other than the removal of a couple of alignment shims in the rear, and in the front.....Car sits in the garage. It's going to one of you guys, or a local autoxer, or maybe Carmax, or a Lotus dealer. Wife ain't to pleased with me as I have...6 vehicles although I bought a Shelby GT for the daughter (she's 15---I guess I did that so I could play with it), My Vette racer, my former daily driver STI....(the STI has to go !)----The Elise in question will be history---M3 new daily---03 Sierra Denali to haul the Vette

4000 miles-------clean as a whistle as to the Elise----Jim Clayton above saw it at the PCA event---3 miles from my house in Western Broward County Florida (near Ft Lauderdale)----last week

My Email [email protected]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Jim----my wife's best friend is the business manager, at Pines BMW----the salesman was very good----she really hooked me up....email me if you want her name

David

PS---M3 is a SICK daily driver---sporty and fast---no Elise on the autox, but then what is ?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh yeah Car was rear spacers from BWR----and studs on the rear only from BWR---but of course I still have all the stock Bolts-----and studs for the front that I have never used

·
Registered
485 Posts
Lehman sent you an email.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh by the way Drool--if you want to "learn about me"

Just go over to SCCAFORUMS.COM and read some of the crazy junk I have posted---you will get a big laugh----the Autox community is one big family----

Hell, you could even ask Randy----the owner of elisetalk.

PS---in my email I didn't have any pictures of the Elise---but you are in Jersey---if you were in FL you could come take a look---anyway car is as I state----I know it's difficult to buy a car from someone you know much less some faceless goofball on the forums, but I am a famous, or rather infamous goofball on the forums---again not so much here but on SCCAFORUMS.COM

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I maintain a strict "don't ask, don't tell" policy in regards to Lehman.

·
Registered
485 Posts
David,

I replied to your email. I have read your goofy emails here :huh:

I wonder if Randy wants to chime in and give an assessment of you here. Wonder if it's going to be :no: or :bow:

Would any local florida owners want to look into the car for me as I am so far away?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see Malcolm Lawson 05 elise at autox'es alot--but he lives on the West cosat of Florida.

Jim Clayton prob lives like 5-10 miles from me. Never went over his place or he mine.
In fact he is son of gun that let me drive his Elise like 2 years ago for a fun run, and then I fell in love and bought one from Prestige.

While I have never sold or bought a car from Randy, and he can't vouch for me personally-----again read my posts they are somewhat insane in a fun way, but maybe you can get idea what I am about

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
going out now to see what the Suby dealer will give me for the Suby----got to get rid of the empty soda cans in the back seat, and clean out the junk in the trunk !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts