The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

As many of you know, I am having continuing problems with my car. The car has been in/out of the service enough over same problem, and I have decided to ask for a new car.

Who should I contact at Lotus USA? Any inputs would be greatly appreciated (please PM me if you would like to keep the conversation private). I hope to resolve this matter without getting an attorney and media involved.

I have talked to several friends who own car dealerships of all types, and they all do agree that I deserve a new car. Please see my daily-driver blog (link in my signature line) for more information.

Thank you.

- Patrick

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Patrick,

I can't help you to seek legal advice, but certainly with the continuous car problems and your well documented repairs, I agree completely with you. I'm sure many Lotus Talk Forum members agree too. Good luck, Lotus is a tough nut to crack!

--Hal

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Make sure you keep all records relating to service inquiries before making a claim...

·
Registered
531 Posts
I would imagine a good lemon-law attorney would be good to have on call as well. I would figure you'd have to speak with the person in charge at the dealership, and have them contact the proper people and have them put into motion what needs to be done.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I would imagine a good lemon-law attorney would be good to have on call as well. I would figure you'd have to speak with the person in charge at the dealership, and have them contact the proper people and have them put into motion what needs to be done.
+1! I lemon-lawed a car a couple of years ago and having an attorney made it painless. It was 100% a runaround until the letter went out on his letterhead.
Plus, Audi paid our legal fees so it didn't cost us anything anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did the lemon law deal with a volkswagen touarag. Get your service records,
contact a Lemon law lawyer and get started. Be prepared to wait for 8-10 months. After 8 months of waiting, they took the car back and payed 38 grand
to cover the lease payments etc. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Did the lemon law deal with a volkswagen touarag. Get your service records,
contact a Lemon law lawyer and get started. Be prepared to wait for 8-10 months. After 8 months of waiting, they took the car back and payed 38 grand
to cover the lease payments etc. Good luck!
Could be anywhere from a few months to YEARS. All depends on how willing the manufacturer is to work with you. If they take it to court it's a long, drawn out process. The upside is you're typically going to get punitive damages, however.

·
Registered
140 Posts
You've probably already seen this, but just in case you haven't, it's a good start:
Consumers - Motor Vehicle Warranty and Lemon Law - California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General

A friend of mine used the lemon law to get a new car a few years ago, ironically, like andykek, it was and Audi - an A4. However his problems were quite dangerous - not just annoying check engine lights. I wouldn't call the process he went through painless though. Car companies aren't in the business of giving away cars, so they're going to try and do everything they can to fix/repair the car, even more so now.

The only modification on the car you have is the exhaust? They will try to pin the problems on whatever they can to avoid buying the car back from you.

Good Luck,
Larez2

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Oh boy, the blog is going to get really interesting now. This is a shame. Luckly my car has been a champ. Im 100% positive Lotus reads these threads. Im sure your already setting ball in motion with this thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Dave here I have asked Allen to give you my telephone number so we can talk and I can let you know where we are with the diagnosis on your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Oh boy, the blog is going to get really interesting now. This is ashame. Luckly my car has been a champ. Im 100% positive Lotus reads these threads. Im sure your already setting ball in motion with this thread.
+1 :p

Posting this, a lawyer would advise you NOT to take your car in for further service. Just an FYI. This isn't something one typically wants to take public. Can certainly hurt your case.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Good luck...keep us posted secretly...we need a code word >

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i would start with your west coast lotus usa tech rep.

lotus usa was very! good at working with me. mike fisher bent way backwards and make things righ! at least in my case.

id start there. there is a phone number in the back of your manuel fot lotus usa contact, call that. if you dont get anyware, pm me, ill give you another number.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
im pretty sure lotus usa already has subscribed to this thread...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
You have a PM.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts