The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I just purchased a 2010 NA Evora out here in Vegas. It has less than 5k miles but it seems to have been a neglected car from what I can tell. I think it will be glad to have a owner that cares for it. Hopefully I don't run in to a lot of issues. Anyway I have been reading through lots of info on here since I picked it up, even found the owners manuals here which was a BIG help. The place I bought it has been zero help so far.

Anyway Hello from Vegas, glad to join the forum here! Back to learning the new ride.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
welcome and glad you found this forum to be a great resource!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No manuals, someone took apart the carpet in the back and its a mess. One of the hooks that holds the net is missing the bolt/stud. The glove box seems to be missing a strap to keep it from flopping all the way down. I finally found the tow hook a few minutes ago along with the lug adapter/key. The paint had a LOT of swirls and little scratches that I worked hard on yeterday. It looked as if someone had been using the window instead of the door to get in just because of the area on the roof above the driverside door. Looks fairly good now. The interior, the dealership put a ton of armorall on it. Got that cleaned up. Not sure if it suppose to but it doesn't have floor mats. I don't know it just seems like whoever had it didn't care about it. In my book a car like this is to be appreciated.

Then typical problems like the dealership didn't have a clue as to what to set the tire pressures at, causing the traction control light to come on. Got them set correctly so thats good. They didn't know how to work the remote. (This is the Lotus dealership out here) I had to figure that out. They had no clue about the Nav/BT Alpine system. I am learning but have not set my phone up yet. Lots to do but work gets in the way. I hope to have a lot of the car figured out by this coming weekend so I can take it out and feel comfortable with it. Driving it is amazing though. A couple of test drives and there was no way this car was not going to be in my garage.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Then typical problems like the dealership didn't have a clue as to what to set the tire pressures at, causing the traction control light to come on. ...
They didn't know how to work the remote. ...
They had no clue about the Nav/BT Alpine system.
The dealership that we had in Phoenix only had my car to do the oil line recall and ECU upgrade. The car came back with a disconnected horn and non-functional security system. Both jobs mucked up, I didn't dare send the car back. Fixed it myself and considered myself lucky that my wallet survived unscathed. Maybe if sales were stronger, then the training would be better...

Anyway, your car is beautiful!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The dealership that we had in Phoenix only had my car to do the oil line recall and ECU upgrade. The car came back with a disconnected horn and non-functional security system. Both jobs mucked up, I didn't dare send the car back. Fixed it myself and considered myself lucky that my wallet survived unscathed. Maybe if sales were stronger, then the training would be better...

Anyway, your car is beautiful!

Thank you! I fell in love with it at first sight. Test drives just sealed the deal.

I guess the one bad thing is the dealerships for these cars, but other than that I am more than happy with it.

·
shay2nak
25,171 Posts
Congrats! hope you get all the details sorted out.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trying to get insurance and Progressive can't even locate a Lotus Evora. They say they don't have them in their system.......................You would think they have insured one at one time or another.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,428 Posts
Welcome and congrats!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
Congrats on the pickup and of course the car is going to be happier.

Get some track time and you will know just how amazing a car it really is.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts