The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it's pointless talking about insurance for the Elise from standard companies (State Farm, Progressive, etc), how exactly does getting insurance through a car club work?

With all this talk about LOG, and getting insurance (from another company) through them, how does this work? Is there a discount of sorts? Advantages/disadvantages?

I'm new to this whole idea, so i'm pimping all of you for info. ;)

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
HI Ace,
Yep, we were talking about event insurance.

As to insuring the Elise. I can't see any reason why the US insurance companies wouldn't cover it. I've got USAA and they've covered every car I ever own (Including the caterham hpc I had!))

As to premiums? Hard to say. The repair costs are pretty high, due to the front clam design. So that may impact premiums.
Chris

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aaah, gotcha!

I was hoping for an insurance company to say "oh, you want to insure 250 Elise's with us? Sure, we'll give you a discount".

Track-day insurance makes abundant sense.

I don't have any doubts on my current insurer (State Farm) insuring the car. I just figured a company that had a few hundred people offering them their business at one time, might look into the car a little bit better, and realize it might be cheaper for them to cover than most other companies would believe.

I don't plan on driving mine much more than 5,000 miles a year (mainly track events, but some nice days), so insurance shouldn't be terribly horrible for it. High deductible & limited mileage should knock the pricing down quite a bit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts