The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a NIB letsla transmission shifter assembly. I got it with a car I bought and already sold. It is a Gen 1 with a gen 2 upgrade package it looks like since it includes both the old and new rod ends. $330 shipped? OBO? They are $365 shipped new.

Thanks

https://i.imgur.com/XsZMnrg.jpg

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
These make the stock parts look they came off a $100 washing machine.

Reactions: darkSol

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Look at that, I didn't know there was a difference. It was for a 2006 Exige so the first.

·
Registered
37 Posts
does anyone know the approx install time for the LETSLA shifter assembly ?

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
As far as I recall, the only difference between the early and late LETSLA kits is the Aluminum sleeves that adapt the old/OEM cables. I found they were not needed if you replace the OEM cables with aftermarket (in my case Inokinetic). You want to do that while you are about it.

Time for the job depends on a lot of things. DIY, first time without removing the clam, 6-8 hours I guess if you change cables at the same time. Maybe longer if you've never had the cockpit shifter/handbrake shroud off. Could be as little as 2 hours if you just do the LETSLA.

Be careful not to strip the bracket bolts (fine threads into Aluminum) or you'll be tapping out the bellhousing like I had to (used coarse thread timeserts).

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Reactions: Harix

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I recall, the only difference between the early and late LETSLA kits is the Aluminum sleeves that adapt the old/OEM cables. I found they were not needed if you replace the OEM cables with aftermarket (in my case Inokinetic). You want to do that while you are about it.

Time for the job depends on a lot of things. DIY, first time without removing the clam, 6-8 hours I guess if you change cables at the same time. Maybe longer if you've never had the cockpit shifter/handbrake shroud off. Could be as little as 2 hours if you just do the LETSLA.

Be careful not to strip the bracket bolts (fine threads into Aluminum) or you'll be tapping out the bellhousing like I had to (used coarse thread timeserts).
Directly from Troy Truleo:

"The only difference is that sheath size for the cables is different. The rest is the same."

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation @JiveTurkey. I installed a LETSLA originally a long time ago and found that my 2007 Exige S was such an early build that it had the 2006 cables :) VIN ending in 0800. So watch out all you 2007 owners!

Anyway, by now you want to replace those cables.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts