The Lotus Cars Community banner

601 - 611 of 611 Posts

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,254 Posts
Last weekend I installed the LETSLA, this weekend is Manly motor mount inserts. That requires removal of the panel under the engine, so while I was under there I took a photo of the LETSLA from below.

Since you can't see where the black plastic piece or the cross-gate pin go from above, I thought this shot would be useful.
Late question, so how did the new motor mounts come out? Do they help much?

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,254 Posts
Question

Troy,

A couple questions. Not sure how I missed this post up till this point. Just saw your product on MWR website. Just read all 31 pages and have a couple questions.

On MWR's site they have the following products:

SSC Gate Cable
SSC Shifter Cable
MWR Shifter Stiffener
Truleo LETSLA Shift Mechanism

1) I am getting ready to order the LETSLA. What is best for you, to order on your site or thru MWR?

2) Do all of the above work well with the LETSLA? For example, is the MWR Shifter Stiffener valuable in addition to the LETSLA?

3) Were these the "improved" shifter/gate cables you were speaking of? I have an '05 Elise with only 7K miles, so not much wear, so curious if these newer type of shifter cables would be any improvement over the stock '05 cables.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

:shift:

·
Disingenuous Minion
637 Posts
Late question, so how did the new motor mounts come out? Do they help much?
WOW! I posted that in March of 2009.

The harder engine mounts significantly improve torque related engine movement but cause a bit more noticeable vibration in the seat of your pants. Theoretically they should help with shift precision but I can't say for sure it wasn't all LETSLA.

Troy upgraded several components since the initial version, and you do need all the latest stuff (so buy the kit new rather than used to make sure). I don't know if you need to bother with upgraded cables though, my stock ones seem to work fine.

My biggest tip: keep all the bolts and nuts tight, and definitely check them before long drives or track days. If one of those nuts comes off, you are stuck in whatever gear it happened in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Have a question I can't seem to figure out after a new Letsla install. I feel like I have played with every adjustment on both the shift and crossgate cables from up front. I can get into all the gears just fine and have it in the stock settings, but something still doesn't feel right. Granted I've only owned my elise since December and I haven't had the opportunity to drive it much with all the snow we've had so I may just be ignorant. Shifting into 1st, 3rd, and 5th seems incomplete. Almost as if it could pop out of gear easily because its not going in far/deep enough. 2nd, 4th, and 6th seem very deep when I pull back into those gears. Almost like it goes 1" deeper into 2nd, 4th, and 6th than into 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Is this something standard that I should just get use to or am I missing something obvious? Any help???

·
Stealthy Blackmobile
355 Posts
Have a question I can't seem to figure out after a new Letsla install. I feel like I have played with every adjustment on both the shift and crossgate cables from up front. I can get into all the gears just fine and have it in the stock settings, but something still doesn't feel right. Granted I've only owned my elise since December and I haven't had the opportunity to drive it much with all the snow we've had so I may just be ignorant. Shifting into 1st, 3rd, and 5th seems incomplete. Almost as if it could pop out of gear easily because its not going in far/deep enough. 2nd, 4th, and 6th seem very deep when I pull back into those gears. Almost like it goes 1" deeper into 2nd, 4th, and 6th than into 1st, 3rd, and 5th. Is this something standard that I should just get use to or am I missing something obvious? Any help???
I have almost the same problem! But 3rd and 4th year bounces back out during install!!! What to do????

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thread revival!

I am finally getting around to wrapping up my car that has been in the garage for quite a while. I must have lost the rectangular black plastic piece Troy describes in his excellent instructions. The piece in question is in Jim C’s picture on post # 239 and goes in a slot in the base of the inertia arm and receives the small post at the end of the crossgate arm. I have tried all sorts of part searches but am at a loss. The shifting works without this but squeals a bit and there might be a little extra slop.

Failing an alternative I will try a 3D print but will have to guess some dimensions. Durability will be questionable. Could also try to cut it out of a piece of plastic or Delrin. Hmmm lot of work for a little part!
Thanks...

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks Gus... Looks like Toyota part number 33557-33010 is the same as the Lotus part. I have one on order and will hopefully get it by next week.

In the meantime, there is a Shiftr111 to install!

601 - 611 of 611 Posts