The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Some people have requested that there be a way for them to communicate directly with Arnie and post some messages of thanks, best wishes or whatever.

The plan is to use this thread and Arnie will be directed to read it. Heck, as I understand he is not too much into computers, but perhaps with some assistance he can even be motivated to respond. In any case, we can guarantee he will read these posts.

What I do not want in this thread (and will edit out as there are better threads for it) are discussions and debates about the firing, or anything negative about Lotus USA and Hale. Please let's keep this positive.

Thanks!!!

Randy

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
It's hard to stay positive considering what I've heard of how you were done away with... but I'll refrain from referring to Mr. H as anything other than that.

I greatly appreciate what you've done to bring the Elise here to the US and what you've done in the past to keep LCU alive. Without your leadership at LCU it's highly unlikely that we would have seen anything like the Elise from any manufacturer brought to the US as a street legal car. It is very dissapointing to see a true enthusiast removed from the company in such a poor manner. Best of luck in whatever you pursue from this point forth.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Dear Arnie,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

You've given the elise enthusiasts of America an incredible gift, and we support you!

Lillie Jaffe
Elise groupie since Jan 99
One yellow elise for me, and one Laser Blue elise for my dad, on order and awaiting arrival thanks to your contribution.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Arnie,

You've been loyal to the core in keeping Chapman's memory alive here in the US!! You brought us many years of the wonderful Esprit, and now after much hard work you did what many said couldn't be done, you brought us the Elise!!

Your accomplishments have great and it's been my great pleasure to call you friend all these years!!:)

Chris Smith

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Arnie,

You're allowing a 27 year old car nut to live his dream and drive a true exotic. A real driver's car, and it's even British! History will be kind to you if we've anything to say about it. Thank you.

Paul Parkanzky

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The Elise is the epitome of what I want in a sports car. Thanks for all your hard work in bringing it to us.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Dear Arnie -

Thanks for all of your efforts in bringing the Elise to the U.S. Your vision, recognizing that this very special car was worth going through all of the regulatory hoops etc. is much appreciated.

I hope that this change in your career path turns out to be a positive one for you, in the long run. In the meantime please know that you will be missed by a lot of us Lotus enthusiasts.

Best Regards,
Mike Greene
Tustin, CA

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Dear Arnie:

It's only once in a rare while that a car sparks so much emotion and excitement that causes a person to throw practicality to the wind. The only car that does it for me (under $150K) is the Elise.

Thank you for having the vision, determination to fight to bring the Elise here. Thank you for not forgetting the enthusiasts here in the States.

Any success the Elise has here is directly because of your efforts. And we will not forget that! Thank you.

Best regards,

Allan Gibbs

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thanks for bringing the Elise to America. This is a brilliant car and I am overjoyed that it is finally coming to our shores. Thanks for having the insight and courage to bring a low volume, light weight, performance car into a market that is glutted with SUVs. As the wait list proves - you were right. America is buying the Elise.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Arnie -

I've been in love with this car since I first learned of it and hoped for years it would come to the US. I used to call LCUSA periodically asking them if they had plans to bring it here, and remember when I finally got the "yes" answer....Your efforts are greatly appreciated, and will be remembered....I wish the best for you and your family......

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Arnie:

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication to bring the Elise to America. You've accomplished quite a feat and will make many (2,400 to be exact :p ) future Elise owners very happy. I will be amongst those happy owners.

As you can see from these messages, we're all thankful for the work, dedication and drive you've given to make the Elise available to us in America. "Thank you" hardly seems adequate, but please know that our gratitude is sincere.

Best Regards,

Bob King

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Arnie, thanks to you I will be doing the following which I swore I would never do - paying MSRP for a car and not having a problem with it!!

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Arnie,

There has been a special place in my heart for Lotus since I bought my first one in 1971. I haven't owned one in a long time and thought that, quite possibly, I would never again have the opportunity to do so. I have been admiring the Elise from afar for several years. Now, thanks to you, by keeping Lotus USA alive through all of its lean years and fighting to bring the Elise here, it is, once again, possible for me to experience that which is uniquely Lotus.

Wherever you go from here, just know there are many who greatly admire and respect you for who you are and what you have accomplished. Come back some time and let us know where life leads you...we may want to go there too!

Chris Boelkes

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I'm sorry Mr. Johnson, I hope things fair better for you. You have my deepest respect and admiration for the work you have done over the years. Lotus needs people like you to carry on Mr. Chapman's tradition.

I hope that you can carry on with a very successful career with something that you enjoy. Maybe with the plethora of small specialty cars from the UK (TVR, Ariel, etc). I'm quite sure that any of these companies would be overjoyed to have you work with them to bring their product to the USA. And I'll be first in line to buy one from you.

This one event has just tarnished the arrival of the Elise for me and many of my fellow enthusiasts.

I hope that this is not the last we hear from you. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
andykeck said:
Hey Ivan1, you've planted a seed. I wonder if I can have 8 letters here in Washington state.
How about this - just as Lotus has the tradition of naming their cars with "e" names, those who want to show their appreciation to Arnie, have his initials somewhere in their vanity plate ....

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Arnie, I can't express enough how happy I am that this car is coming over here to the states. I've always dreamed of being able to have a lightweight, high-performance british sports car, and the fact that it's a LOTUS makes it that much better.

I'm truly saddened that you're leaving Lotus USA, and I really hope you find even greater success in the future.

Thanks doesn't begin to describe it, but thank you!

Cade Wilson

·
Registered
262 Posts
Arnie,

I bought a sports car as soon as I could afford one, and have driven one since. I've never been fully satified with the driving experience, and I was still looking for the perfect fit in 1998 when I chose to buy a 99' Corvette convertible. The Corvette is an amazing car, but still not completely what I've wanted.

It took six more years for the Elise to arrive, and from all I've read I have a feeling it will be the right car for the long run. I look forward to driving the car YOU brought to the US, for decades to come.

Infinite thanks! Hopefully I can thank you in person someday.

Best of luck in any endeavor,
David Hamershock

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks!

You have made possible the dream of many sports car enthusiasts throughout the US! Hope to have the honor of meeting you some day.

Larry

Attachments

1 - 20 of 49 Posts