The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please join me a round a letters to the SEB. The fact that Elise classing has not been announced can only mean that they are considering options and gathering data (opinions)... I don't believe it's between SS and AS.

I believe the delay has revolved around the 12 month rule and wanting to see the car. The cars are starting to show up at events and its after Nationals. We have heard on the S2000 and a few more cars. Why not the Elise??

The SEB needs to hear from people wanting to run this car.

Small simple letters stating your disappointment in no accouncement and asking for a decision.

Don't wait!
[email protected]

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Write a letter to get it classed in SM2.

I would love to see the Elise allowed in a Street Tired class.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I don't think there is any way that they would consider it for STS2. Though I would like it. :)

I think there needs to be another ST class.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Randy, I think that the Elise would dominate any ST class it was put in, even if it was STU2 with unlimited tire & wheel width.

The ST classes are severely grip limited, so the lighter cars dominate especially when there's a cap on tire width. Even without a cap on tire width, there's only so much grip you can generate with a street tire. Tire/weight on an Elise with the widest tires you can cram on the car will probably still be better than a Z06 with 315 tires...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts