The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well fellas, I said goodbye to my Evora last night. Gave her up for a 2013 Audi S5 Coupe. Always wanted one and will likely keep it for 2 years as well. Well, I wanted the RS5, but it just wasn't worth it for me. This one sat on the showroom floor for too long. Got a pretty good deal also.

No particular reason for letting her go, I just change rides every 2 years or so.

I have a Lotus Evora cover that I will be listing for sale if there are any takers. I will still lurk these parts. I learned a lot from just reading the experiences of others.

Cheers!

Keith

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Audi a5

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Premium Member
It's yours for $180 plus shipping. Let me know. Heading to Frankfurt on Sunday, but can ship before leaving if needed.

It's the black cover with Lotus logo on front end and Evora and Lotus tags on the rear. Fits pretty snug and does it's job.

I'll take it! Gimme a paypal address!

Premium Member
Unfortunately the Audi S5 is so common over here you'll never find your own car on a parking lot.:sad:
In contrast the only reason you may not find your Evora on the lot is because it is so low.:tadts:

Premium Member
Audi is to VW as Lexus is to Toyota. To each his own. They are the German Buick. But a Lotus has no up/downmarket sibling. To be fair, they are VERY good looking. I've just given all the hipo Audi cars the nickname "rotor roasters" because it seems that their biggest weakness on track days are the rotors that get cooked trying to slow down all that girth. Enjoy it but as several others on this site will attest after swapping their Lotus for some German hardware, they either come back or are dissatified with the new selection. I hope yours is more reliable than some others (S4 comes to mind) that bought Audis recently.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Audi is to VW as Lexus is to Toyota. To each his own. They are the German Buick. But a Lotus has no up/downmarket sibling. To be fair, they are VERY good looking. I've just given all the hipo Audi cars the nickname "rotor roasters" because it seems that their biggest weakness on track days are the rotors that get cooked trying to slow down all that girth. Enjoy it but as several others on this site will attest after swapping their Lotus for some German hardware, they either come back or are dissatified with the new selection. I hope yours is more reliable than some others (S4 comes to mind) that bought Audis recently.
I'll keep my eyes on the rotors. It's a second car for me. I won't keep it long and definitely won't be tracking it. I don't usually care for any particular brand or country of origin. I buy the cars that "call" to me like the Evora did.

For daily use, I drive a Chevy Volt. Bought it in July and have only purchased gas once. Loving it!

Registered
My buddy has a red RS5. Cool car, very nice interior.

Registered
Congrats on the S5. Gorgeous car, Audi quality. A much heavier car than what you're giving up but a solid performer. When I turned in an A6 off lease three months ago, there was an RS5 in the showroom just like this. Gotta admit, I was tempted.

Premium Member
the engines in those S 5's are the best part.

Registered
Well fellas, I said goodbye to my Evora last night. Gave her up for a 2013 Audi S5 Coupe. Always wanted one and will likely keep it for 2 years as well. Well, I wanted the RS5, but it just wasn't worth it for me. This one sat on the showroom floor for too long. Got a pretty good deal also.

No particular reason for letting her go, I just change rides every 2 years or so.

I have a Lotus Evora cover that I will be listing for sale if there are any takers. I will still lurk these parts. I learned a lot from just reading the experiences of others.

Cheers!

Keith

View attachment 337985

Even though you are simply "changing your ride", it is still sad to say goodbye to such an awesome car. That being said, enjoy your Audi! :)

Registered
Congrats on the S5. Gorgeous car, Audi quality. A much heavier car than what you're giving up but a solid performer. When I turned in an A6 off lease three months ago, there was an RS5 in the showroom just like this. Gotta admit, I was tempted.
"Audi quality" is an oxymoron. Unless you mean fit and finish, which is very good.

To the OP, 2 years is all you'll be able to take from the Audi before getting sick of it. Great car, but a total snoozefest compared to the Evora. I just gave up my 2011 S4 and walked away from the dealer I sold it to wondering what I was going to have for dinner. No attachment or remorse whatsoever.

Premium Member
I had no mechanical issues with my Audi over the 39 months I had it. What was your experience?
Guess you were a lucky one. Didn't even have the characteristic piddidle or pidinkle that seems to plague VW/Audi??:eek:

Registered
I had no mechanical issues with my Audi over the 39 months I had it. What was your experience?
gotta agree with brgelise. VW auto group is not known for the "reliability" and this is coming from someone in the car industry.

Not to say the RS5 and S5 are not amazing cars. Just not something I would put my personal money on unless it was something like a lease write off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.