The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of what to replace my Golf GTI with over the next months. Needs to be practical for kids & bike racks, 4/5 doors, somber enough for work related stuff...but fun.

Originally thinking about the 2013 M135i 5 door hatch (not a US market offering I think), but BMW are premium priced here in the UAE, so there are better deals to be had...Hence the IS F. Normally these are compared to the M3, but over here, new, 5 yr warranty etc they can be bought for M135i money :) ...with a M3 70% more once you've finished with options. So that's completely out!

Lexus dealer openly admits there's only about 1 more model year to go, but the spec. for the money seems pretty nifty and as for the 5 litre V8... you know the score ;-)

I know from MY2011 they changed the spec, with revise suspenders, LSD, dash, bumpers etc... as they'd had some flack Vs the M3. So a MY2013 would have all of that.

Anyone got experience of a 2011 onwards IS F ?

Ta in advance :wave:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Drove the crap out of one at a 2 day high performance Skip Barber racing school course at Laguna Seca track. Really well handling car. Very comparable to the M3 which we also had there, amongst other cars. Both were 2010 models though. The thing had balls, nice exhaust note, and wicked handling for such a big car.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mmm, that sounds encouraging, espically from a fellow Exige 260 owner :)

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just checked on Edmunds.com. According to their True Market Value feature, the typical invoice price is $55k after dealer discount, compared to MSRP of $62k inc. destination fees (without options, which are really limited to Navigation).

For those who've bought one or are in the car trade, does 11% discount sound about right?

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lucky for me, I'm a short arse, so not too worried about space. Although know what you mean, even I thought it was snug in there & once I'd adjusted my seat, there wasn't much left in the back. Shame the rear seats don't fold either, means even transporting one bike means a rack is required... My current DD Golf GTI is way better on space utilization. BMW 3 Series is better too, although as above, the M3 price is not on a level peg. For IS F money, you'd only get a 335i over here in the UAE.

Considering the size of the IS F, Lexus seem to have designed a Tardis in reverse...Dr. Who wouldn't be impressed ;-)

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have no expirience with them other than last night a car stops in the middle lane of a 4 lane street so they can get into the left hand lane to turn at the last second. The is-f is behind him so he waits for the idiot to get out of the way then floors it around him lol I was very impressed with the sound of the is-f. Sounded amazing. I always liked them but after hearing one on it, it gained a lot of points with me :)

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
How about a C63...
I had a chance to drive an IS-F in 2010, but wasn't too impressed, and the ride was on the harsh side despite it being a Lexus.
C63, I couldn't say personally, but I've driven C250, which was decent albeit lame in power wise; an E63 which was pretty cool; and S63 bi turbo which was pretty sweet.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
C63 is good I'm sure, but not in the same price zone as the IS F (at least in the UAE)
Yeah, heard that prior to 2011 some things needed doing on the to-do list, but fixed to the most extent from MY 2011

1 - 10 of 10 Posts