The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lexus appears to be prepping yet another special edition version of its LFA supercar with new spy photos showing the a baby-blue model testing on the Nurburgring.

Looking similar to the LFA Nurburgring edition, this car uses a twin-exhaust pipe setup rather than the conventional triangle shaped tri-exhaust setup on the rest of the model range. The pipes now also stick out just below the taillights leaving room for a larger rear diffuser, suggesting an even more aerodynamic body.

On the hood is an additional air vent, while it’s hard to miss the baby-blue paint, matte black detailing and those mysterious AD-A letters just behind the front wheel.
See more Lexus LFA AD-A Spy Photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Saw 2 at Pebble Beach last year. Most un-interesting $300K car on the planet. Think of the gorgeous lines of many cars at the price point. The Japanese can do low to mid priced sporty cars well, but just miss the mark on 'super cars' - LFA, GTR, etc.

BTW, here's the best looking Japanese sports car ever made:

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Saw one at Road Atlanta last year. Interior sparkles with technology. Exterior unique but looked to me like a conglomeration of various designs, just no flow. They were running it on track though.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
damn that LFA is fugly
Yep.

That's what I love about our cars. $25-60K cars that have the LOOKS of $200K cars.

The Japanese 'super cars' - specifically the GTR and the LFA are $80-100K and $300K respectively but look less.

Regardless of the LFA's performance, it doesn't LOOK like a $300K car.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Saw 2 at Pebble Beach last year. Most un-interesting $300K car on the planet. Think of the gorgeous lines of many cars at the price point. The Japanese can do low to mid priced sporty cars well, but just miss the mark on 'super cars' - LFA, GTR, etc.

BTW, here's the best looking Japanese sports car ever made:

Agreed! And its not even $300k fast either....

For that price it better either look damned good, or beat out the cheaper Mclaren MP4-12c....

But the Mclaren kills it....

·
Registered
7,678 Posts
Yep.

That's what I love about our cars. $25-60K cars that have the LOOKS of $200K cars.

The Japanese 'super cars' - specifically the GTR and the LFA are $80-100K and $300K respectively but look less.

Regardless of the LFA's performance, it doesn't LOOK like a $300K car.
lets not get too carried away. lol
heck i dont think any car is really worth 300k, but i agree, it doesnt look 300k either.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
lets not get too carried away. lol
heck i dont think any car is really worth 300k, but i agree, it doesnt look 300k either.
To me, the car that the Elise looks closest too is a Dino 246. Looks like a baby one and I know that Julian Thompson, Elise designer, has one and used it as his inspiration.

You used to be able to get a Dino for around $75 about 8 years ago (because they were the 6 cylinder 'Fiat' Ferraris) - now they are up around $200K!

PURE SEX:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts