The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang - thoughts on using LFSC to install a Larini SC on my car?

Going to try to make a trip down to Indy to have TJ do it, but that move prove problematic and awfully far.

I know you guys have had mixed reviews on the recalls. How would you feel about having them install an exhaust? Should be rocket science and I like the idea of just waiting there the two hours while they do it. Plenty of eye candy to look at.

Gimme your experiences!

·
6.94915254 lbs/hp
1,770 Posts
Never used LFSC (Yeah I haven't done the recall yet), but the exhaust is so simple there is no way they can mess it up!

Shoot Jeff, it is so easy you could do it fairly quickly! I managed to do it in about 3 hours by myself...

I see you are keeping it stock!

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
Hey Jeff - If you're going to come to LFSC just bring it up to my house and I'll help you install it. I've done it a few times with the car just sitting on the ground, but the lift makes it a piece of cake.

EDIT: Robert's 3 hours would have included swapping the rear panel as his is an above-diffuser exhaust. The Larini SC is below, right? If so, it's an hour or so total. Very easy.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hey gang - thoughts on using LFSC to install a Larini SC on my car?

Going to try to make a trip down to Indy to have TJ do it, but that move prove problematic and awfully far.

I know you guys have had mixed reviews on the recalls. How would you feel about having them install an exhaust? Should be rocket science and I like the idea of just waiting there the two hours while they do it. Plenty of eye candy to look at.

Gimme your experiences!
the exhaust really is easy to replace... & off the top of my head, i'm not so sure you would need to jack the car up

hell I'd be willing to bring some tools & install it for you in your driveway before an Illinois area cruise if you spot me some lunch heh

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
Easy peasy to replace, but remember, his last car died a fiery death. ?
I don't blame him for being a bit hesitant doing it himself. Any leak at the bend could be bad.

·
Registered
455 Posts
As has been said, it really is a DIY project. Just be sure to use a new clamp as you secure it to the cat. If you're still feeling compelled to have it professionally installed I would highly recommend Naperville Exhaust Works. Not much to look at but Parrish, the owner, does solid work and is well respected amoung the Chicagoland Audi enthusiast crowd. Not too far off of 80 & 59 so a much easier shot than Northshore.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep. A bit spooked post fire. Euro quip
would be ideal as they are 5 min from me but they seemed iffy

I'm pretty sure the new Larini, which I have to order, comes with the clamp
from s111

·
He's on fire!
3,345 Posts
another option - wait until the Lotus Corps clinic and diy it then. Then it will be done cheap and if you have any trouble there will be someone to help out.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I had them do my radiator replacement so I have first hand experience with their work. In short, I wasn't terribly impressed.

First, get ready to pay through the nose. Their labor is like $130/hr and they don't seem very time efficient.

Second, check out the pictures I took of the radiator post-install in the recall thread. There are abrasion marks from bolts on the wrong side of the radiator. One of the tabs is bent (the radiator was in pristine condition when I handed it over to them). Not exactly the things you want to see from a shop that is supposedly expericed with these cars.

I installed my own Larini 8" with a bit of help from my neighbor (who helped me get the stock muffler off, since it was kind of seized). It's not terribly difficult, just annoying and kind of tedious. I will be at the lotuscorps tuneup clinic if you need a hand.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Like everyone else said, this is an easy DIY project. Bring it down to my garage if you need a hand.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Like everyone else said, this is an easy DIY project. Bring it down to my garage if you need a hand.
+1

I'll swing by and help out. Maybe we can set up an exhaust day because George asked if I could do his too. Exhaust is unbelievable easy.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
yay teamwork!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts