The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We kicked off production of a lightweight fabric tow strap for the front of your car. All the cool cars have got them nowadays so we thought we would engineer a solution. We wanted a solution that would also look good on a street car and we think this fits the bill. The clevis is black hard anodized billet and the fabric strap is sewn on by our partners at HMS/Schroth.

Joe has come up with a good design and production parts are expected in Jan. We're making a small batch to start in both Red & Black colored straps. Learn more and order: HERE

Image shows a black strap that has been double backed into the clevis to keep it from flapping around. Zip tie it back like this and it will stay put. It can easily be deployed if you ever need it - or want to show it off at the next car show.

When the red strap is deployed, it kinda looks like this...:p

·
Registered
2009 Exige 260 Sport
577 Posts
Nice work, the one I have from OMP (like the others) is too long; looks like a panting dog on a hot day.

Will you have a choice of colors for the webbing?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work, the one I have from OMP (like the others) is too long; looks like a panting dog on a hot day.

Will you have a choice of colors for the webbing?
We wanted to make sure that our strap could be folded back to limit that 'tongue-hanging-from-a-mouth-look'!

Just black and red, initially.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Shinoo,

Have you found a way to get the piece solidly mounted against the mounting point? I use mine on a regular basis loading the car in the trailer. Because I have a stacker trailer and the car goes up on the lift, the winch pulls down on the tow hook. I have broken your other hook and another manufacturer's hook.

Thanks,
Eldon

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shinoo,

Have you found a way to get the piece solidly mounted against the mounting point? I use mine on a regular basis loading the car in the trailer. Because I have a stacker trailer and the car goes up on the lift, the winch pulls down on the tow hook. I have broken your other hook and another manufacturer's hook.

Thanks,
Eldon
This uses the same size bolt as our folding hook. May be it's time for you to weld on a larger mount to take a bigger bolt or hook?

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
This uses the same size bolt as our folding hook. May be it's time for you to weld on a larger mount to take a bigger bolt or hook?
I'm thinking that the bolt is bending because the side loading is being taken by the bolt instead of the mount. It is a matter of eliminating the gap between the hook and the mount.

I'll be ordering one of these and have you ship it with the new shifter and syncros.

Thanks,
Eldon

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are kitting up production parts now and will start shipping on Monday.

We have them in Black and Red

·
Supporting Vendor
4,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have black in stock as well.

See it installed in a car with stock grills. Zip tie into the clevis and it will stay secured until you need it - no flapping about!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts