The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a standard black license plate frame for the car and it just won't fit. The holes line up it's just the back up camera protrudes down too far and the top of the frame will not go under it so the top holes never line up. I even cut the top section of the frame out to fit it around the back up camera and it still won't fit as the holes for the plate are too high. I have been unable to find a frame that will fit. Anyone else have this issue or find a frame that works?

·
Registered
795 Posts
I'm using a black frame with a horizontal Union Jack on the bottom. It's for a Mini Cooper (no verbiage) but looks great on my Lotus. All four holes line up. Bought black hex head bolts at Home Depot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I bought a frame off Amazon - has "Lotus" at the bottom where the bottom two screws would go - and the top two screws fit/hold fine.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmm... This is interesting then. Do all of you have the back up camera?

I may have to try another one and see if it will work.

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts
Held by two top screws, frame behind and just below camera.

Attachments

·
Illegal Alien
5,306 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
2012 with backup camera. Got simple gloss black plastic/abs frame from AutoZone for <$10. Fits perfectly............

·
Registered
795 Posts
FWIW

I wasn't seeking a frame with the name Lotus on it since it is already prominently displayed across the back of the car.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm... I'll take the frame off of my M3 and see if it fits the Evora. If it doesn't, I'll take a photo and post. This is weird. Maybe I had it upside down... LOL

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nope - my M3 frame won't fit either. See?

Is my back up camera mounted wrong? I can see out the back fine when I shift into reverse and it sounds alerts if I get close to anything....

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
My frame on mine is ~ quarter-inch wide and can come in or out without grazing the bottom of the eye. From your photo it almost looks like the frame needs to be tucked up behind the eye in order for the screw holes to line up.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
I got a carbon fiber frame and has to trim it to fit. But once triked it fits fantastic with the rear view camera and all.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts