·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think?

·
Registered
963 Posts
What about a "My Other Car is a Lotus Elise"? I'd like to put one on my Kia Rio. :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
How about Right Makes Right on top and Lotus Elise on bottom.

Edit: oops I meant Light makes right :)

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Sadly a new law in our state prohibits the use of any frame that covers up any of the lettering on the license plate. Something like this might.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Randy Chase said:
What do you think?

Like it. License plate frames are noticeably absent from any of our sponsors offerings (or I missed them).

Not sure if this was a fun or serious post, but I think something like this would definitely go over well, particularly in CA where we will need two :)

Larry

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I would rather have "My other car is a Lotus Elise"

It will complement the frame on the elise that says "My other car is a FIAT X1/9" :)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm..

So we change the top to say

"My other car is a... " then?

My concern about that is a sense of not being totally accurate, since the car is not here yet, tough it makes sense once the car gets here. Secondly, it would not make sense to put on the Elise when it gets here, since the Elise IS the car you are driving.

Anyway... the feedback is very welcome. I had one made and can make 100 more once we sort out exactly what it should say. :)

·
Registered
963 Posts
If you can do the "My other car is a lotus elise", I'll be game for two of them. One for the S2000 and one for the Kia Rio. :cool:

I think that the "My other car is" one is better. It at least lets people know you own one. The "I'd rather be driving a" kind of makes you look like you really would like an Elise, but don't have one. Even a "I'd rather be driving MY Lotus Elise" wouldn't work for me, as some days I'm sure I'll be having fun in my S2000.

I'll take one or two of whatever you can get though. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is the lotus tag line? Think different or differently? I like that better.

I think if I see "I'd rather be driving my lotus" Iwould either doubt they have one or that they are a braggart. It also would not make sense having it on the Elise itself.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Obvious Troll

How about this:

"My other car is a Liz"

Now, where's my hardhat...:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Buck Dharma said:
What is the lotus tag line? Think different or differently? I like that better.
That's the Apple Macintosh advert tagline. Althought the mantra definitely fits:

"Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits.
The rebels.
The troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.
The ones who see things differently.
They’re not fond of rules.
And they have no respect for the status quo.
You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them.
About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them.
Because they change things.
They invent.
They imagine.
They heal.
They explore.
They create.
They inspire.
They push the human race forward.
Maybe they have to be crazy.
How else can you stare at an empty canvas and see a work of art?
Or sit in silence and hear a song that’s never been written?
Or gaze at a red planet and see a laboratory on wheels?
We make tools for these kinds of people.
While some see them as the crazy ones,_we see genius.
Because the people who are crazy enough to think
they can change the world, are the ones who do."

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
I would rather have "My other car is a Lotus Elise"

It will complement the frame on the elise that says "My other car is a FIAT X1/9" :)
I'm with Lil on this one. If we want to be a bit more obscure and goofey we could alternatively remove the Lotus and just leave "My other car is an Elise." Wait a sec, bad idea, it's a ladies name, yada yada yada, I don't want to be thought of that way! My othe car is an X 1/9 would work but with Elise alone....ack.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I like the obscurity of "elise" alone, rather than "LOTUS elise" This was my orginal vision...with X1/9 and elise alone.

Then only people in " the know" would know, ya know!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I prefer to go without a frame at all, but if I were to use one, I would use a very minimalist one like this

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
I'm with atyclb. No need to advertise your cars unless you are on a car forum!

Though I did like that one CEO who drove to work in his Dodge Neon with the plate frame reading, "My other car is a Lamborghini". Quite funny, and it is.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts