The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the lifestyle colors will be available if your car is damaged? I am concerned that I might not be able to get the same color match if the car gets any damage.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Before the LA show somebody on the board actually went to a paint shop and had them mix samples of Lotus paint for examination.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
A really good paint shop can scan your car's paint and match it very, very closely. Probably as close as the batch to batch tolerance of the factory paint.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Lotus supplies color codes that any paint shop can use to match the color. How do you think these cars get repaired elsewhere around the world. They dont buy the paint from lotus.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
James A said:
A really good paint shop can scan your car's paint and match it very, very closely. Probably as close as the batch to batch tolerance of the factory paint.
I would think it might be a little harder to get a great match with metallics. I was told by a body shop guy once that silver is particularly hard to match just right - anyone know if this is true???

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Paint matching metallics and pearls is not as easy as selecting the right paint code. There are many variables that can affect the final color match. An example is flake size and the angle that it takes when the paint cures. These factors can shift the color tremendously.

Most paint shop nowadays deal with tons of metallic paint jobs so I don't think it should be impossible. Just do your homework and find the best paint shop you can when you ding your lil darling. I do suggest you stay clear of MAACO or Earl Schieb....;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts