The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I broke my belt tensioner. Got a new one for $150, but the bolt on the old one wont clear the frame, so I have to lift the engine about 1 and half inches to get the tensioner out. I undo the engine/frame mounts. 3 on passenger side, 4 on drivers side, and 4 on the tranny mount near the exhaust, but as I jack the engine up it still is lifting the car... What am I missing?

·
Registered
688 Posts
The mount on the passenger side has two bolts on the top, one on the side you can get to through the wheel well, and two that you have to get from the bottom of the car that you can't see from the top. You will need a 2 foot extension for your socket to get these. Also, there are two mounts on the bottom, but you probably knew that. Hope this helps. :sad:

·
Vendor
6,306 Posts
What they said, and a bit more----

I remove the Passenger side motor mount only first and then try. If that doesn't get it, then remove the rear motor mount that attaches to the cross member and is bolt to the tranny. Just remove the bolt, not the whole mount on that guy... Regarding the passenger side mount, just remove the 2 14mm bolts on the top side of it and the two 14mm nuts on the bottom side of it and everything will easily move to remove the tensioner...

Good luck,

Phil

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it, After undoing all the bolts I could find and jacking harder.
Thanks guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts