The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the point of this rear facing rubber bushing on the rear transmission mount? Looks to be for some other application. I assume this could be removed to knock off a little more weight.

·
Registered
580 Posts
My guess is that its there to dampen a specific harmonic vibration. I have found this to be the case with most counter weights like this.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I need a larger damper now! Just installed the headers with Sector111 Sport Inserts and the car just idling now is ridiculous! I sure hope the vibrations are dampened once I bolt the rest of the muffler/cat together. Right now the header is just dangling basically.

·
Registered
580 Posts
You wont be able to get rid of those vibrations with a larger damper in that same location. Alot of engineering goes into the size and placement.

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No doubt, I was just more curious if that was the reason. I think I will remove the front manly mount to see how much that calms down the vibrations. Does anyone make full rubber engine mounts rather than the manly mounts that might be slightly less stiff but still stiffer than stock?

·
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts