The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a bunch of interior pieces painted. In disassembling the door sill covers I noticed that someone who worked on the car previously (probably body shop) very meticulously broke the snot out of basically every plastic screw tab in the car and lost a few clips as well. Every piece I removed, showed another broken or missing piece or part behind it. I don't even know what was holding it all together.
A weekend spent gluing and fabricating new tabs and brackets. My dash is now bionic except for the velcro holding the lighting panel on because those little plastic clips cannot be repaired. Whose brilliant design was that????

Sorry. Venting portion of thread now complete and down to the actual lighting question. When I removed the lighting switch cover, it seemed pretty straightforward (famous last words), so I didn't document anything. :( When putting things back together of course I have "extra parts". Research seems to show that one extra connector (driving lights) is unused, so that explains that. But then there is this little black connector that I have no idea what it is, or if it was hooked to anything. Lights seem to be working normal but I don't remember this connector just hanging out. There's two very small metal prongs off the headlight board that look like they 'could' accomodate this, but theres not clip to hold it in place and I don't want to short anything out by just testing it. Does anyone know what this is for and if it's supposed to be hooked up, where does it go. Thanks all!

Mav

IMG_1112[1].jpg

IMG_1115[1].jpg

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think that's for backlighting the switches, although it's been a while since I've messed with my switch panel. Plug it in to the two "prongs" on the light board. If nothing lights differently, switch it around.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That was it! Thanks guys. It doesn't actually clip to anything and has a shorter lead than the other wires so it may have actually pulled off before I even noticed it. If I didn't ask I probably never would have noticed. Thanks again!

Mav

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Anyone have an idea how to splice into the cigarette lighter?

I was able to remove the plastic pieces and solder a wire to the positive, but the aluminum part for the ground doesn't solder =(

wasnt able to splice into the short wire because the space is so tight

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
That's kind of jacking this thread. Just start a new one with your topic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts