The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I've been looking for a wrecked elise (at a reasonable price) for a while and just noticed that my local Copart has this 2014 Evora. It says it has rear end damage but this isn't very clear from the pictures. If anyone is interested I could swing by and take a look at it.

·
Premium Member
6,352 Posts
Frontal impact so worst case scenario, front crash structure is toast. Find another one with rear damage, pull off front, rebuild. Everything has a price.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have never used copart before. Are they trying to get someone to take the whole car, or are they parting it out? I could certainly use some parts off of it...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has a salvage title so presumably its been written off and repaired once. Copart will auction the car. Its has a reserve price that appears to be an optimistic $36K...

·
Registered
35 Posts
things that you should notice and that should make you think
  • Passenger airbag cover is not original and not in correct position
  • Passenger airbag warning light is on in the dashboard (maybe not replaced?)
  • Front right TMPS sensor is not operating (crash was on front to front right) - so maybe wiring harness is still not completely fixed
  • Gap dimensions at the front bumper to fender and headlights are irregular - It is questionable whether the crash structure behind it was exchanged or just "repaired".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts