The Lotus Cars Community banner

Lights for GT heat/vent settings?

867 17
So this might be a dumb question, but in driving my GT the first few times at night I noticed that there is no illumination of the heat, vent speed, and vent control settings. I swear that I saw a picture somewhere of those all lit-up pretty but maybe it was an earlier Evora.

Are those controls supposed to be illuminated by either accessory on the ignition, when running, or when the headlights are turned on with the GTs? I've got my first service tomorrow but want to come prepared to complain or just understand that at night I'm just going to need to go by feel for the settings.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
229 Posts
Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Automotive design Steering wheel

Vehicle Motor vehicle Gear shift Steering wheel Car

2017 400 definitely lights with headlights (anything beyond parking lamps - so normal headlights do it)

Reactions: Mazdamia

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
816 Posts
I'd check the plug at the HVAC controls. I had a similar issue on my 11 where the lights weren't working so I was about to order a new one and when I took it apart to look over things it suddenly worked.

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did you ever figure it out? I have a 2021 GT and mine don’t light up either. Only the buttons illuminate (recirculate, a/c, defrosters).
As far as I can tell right now I am seeing lights around the dial, but they are dim, and do not increase with the dimmer settings. What is more annoying is that there is maybe a very small red illumination on the dials, but it is so dim there is no way to see it during normal driving without staring down.

What I just do now whenever I change the settings is turn to one extreme and then dial back to approx where I need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Strange. At nighttime I see nothing lit but the 4 surrounding buttons. I tried fiddling with dimmer but nothing. Tried tapping around it with my hand and nothing.

As far as I can tell right now I am seeing lights around the dial, but they are dim, and do not increase with the dimmer settings. What is more annoying is that there is maybe a very small red illumination on the dials, but it is so dim there is no way to see it during normal driving without staring down.

What I just do now whenever I change the settings is turn to one extreme and then dial back to approx where I need.

·
Administrator
14,509 Posts
Here's a earlier thread on this...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/backlighting-on-hvac-controls.84985/

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Apparently this issue has been an issue for over a decade. After reading that thread another showed on the bottom.

Here's a earlier thread on this...https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/backlighting-on-hvac-controls.84985/

·
Registered
2021 Evora GT
2,700 Posts
21 GT, headlights on. All lights up. Dimmer does nothing to it.

Automotive lighting Hood Liquid Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive lighting Vehicle Satellite radio Automotive design Vehicle audio

1 - 18 of 18 Posts