The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Vendor
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've been working on these for quite a while. We thought there was a need to do a proper 2 piece disc that doesn't break the bank.

The way to do that is to design our own rotor so it doesn't require all the machining from a "standard" industry blank. The result are these lightweight beauties!

Silver Art Automotive wheel system Automotive tire Jewellery

Only 11.2 lbs per disc vs 13.5 for the stock single piece!

They are properly cast as left and right so the vanes are directional and grooved for good out-gassing and feel.

We've used aerospace aluminum for the hats along with high quality hardware. The hats are anodized silver to keep with the OEM look. We nickel plated the rotor to keep rust off the non-contact areas so they keep you looking sharp!

These come from the same foundry and same recipe used by the major performance aftermarket companies in Europe. We save money by designing our own blank, going direct to the foundry, buying a shed load, AND putting that shed load on a ship vs air freight.

White Light Composite material Rim Auto part

As with everything from BWR, we test, test, test. Here are few pics on our Optima/XB Lotus

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

And they can put your face through the windshield of this beast.

Later, when it is time for new rotors, just replace the friction surface at a reduced cost.

In stock and shipping now along with all your favorite brake pads!

BWR lightweight 2-piece rotor

·
Vendor
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Administrator
7,536 Posts
These will be a popular choice!

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
It's fantastic to continue to see innovation happening for our niche cars!

·
Vendor
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Any chance of fulling floating bells?

Later,
Eldon
Not at that price. We have them on our HP Rotors. Full Floating is very rarely necessary. On a pure track car, sure. Otherwise they are noisy and costly.

Is that the correct price? Good god... What a bargain.
Yessir! Get them while we have this batch. The way inflation is going they will probably be more expensive (like everything) the next go around!

Now we're talking :)

What's your preference, @eldonz... float in hat or float in rotor?

Great pricing, @fzust!
That's the plan!!!!

·
Vendor
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here is a better picture on our Optima car, disregard the soon-to-be-launched Ultimate Elige Brake setup.... :D More on that coming soon.....

Wheel Tire Locking hubs Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
549 Posts
Here is a better picture on our Optima car, disregard the soon-to-be-launched Ultimate Elige Brake setup.... :D More on that coming soon.....
You're making it hard for me to keep my promise of 'i'm only spending money on maintenance from now on'. What a tease.

Are you making any changes up front? Will we be able to run 15s?

·
Administrator
7,536 Posts
You're making it hard for me to keep my promise of 'i'm only spending money on maintenance from now on'. What a tease.

Are you making any changes up front? Will we be able to run 15s?
You can run 15 now depending on the wheel.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts