1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I know I'll be there whether I take the Exige or not. Last year was a bit of a let down with the very authentic British weather and all, but still some interesting cars to see.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
bump this back to the top since its getting closer!

I'll be sent in my registration this morning :) Anyone else planning to attend/show?

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll be there with my Sunbeam Tiger, and my girlfriend will have her 1971 TR6.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brit Car Day June 1 in Frederick County

The weather is looking really good for this. Great opportunity for a back road drive to/from the site, and meeting a lot of the local Lotus community...not just the Elise/Exige crowd (although there are usually more than a dozen of those there).

Get your fill of all types of vintage British cars as well: Astons, Jags, Bentleys, MG, Triumph, Daimler, Healey, Minis, etc.

Not unusual to see a Noble or two show up as well.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
The weather is looking really good for this.
I've got my fingers crossed for good weather and a great turnout this year. I'd be very excited to see another Noble up close and personal.

I can't quite tell from your avatar... did you add a chin spoiler?

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I've got my fingers crossed for good weather and a great turnout this year. I'd be very excited to see another Noble up close and personal.

I can't quite tell from your avatar... did you add a chin spoiler?
Yup. Chin spoiler. Exige side scoops are there, and completing the conversion to all exige mesh over radiators and on engine lid (already in grills).

Click on my name to the left, then check Profile. Better/larger profile picture shows it better.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
some pics from the show

Show had a really good turn out this year! Some very nice cars in attendance including a BEAUTIFUL Lotus Elite :drool: I took a few pictures at the show, but not nearly as many as I should have. Sorry :( I definitely got a few of the Exige/Elise row but mainly Scrumpot's and my Exiges. I had a really good time and it was nice to meet/chat with a some other Lotus owners.

Here's the Elise/Exige row...

If you'd like to see the rest of the pictures I took, click here.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was the one in the parking lot. Wanted to spend more time there but couldn't. Talked to a number of the Lotus folks but it seemed like all the Elise/Exige folks were off ogling other cars when I was there. So I just sighed over the Elans and the Europa.:bow:

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
more pictures being uploaded

I'm uploading a coworkers pictures from the show (150+) to the same album linked above, so if anyone want to see more of what was at the show, check back this afternoon.

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
I was the one in the parking lot. Wanted to spend more time there but couldn't. Talked to a number of the Lotus folks but it seemed like all the Elise/Exige folks were off ogling other cars when I was there. So I just sighed over the Elans and the Europa.:bow:
When Grant and I walked aorund the parking lot we saw a Canyon Red Elise (yours I assume, love the wheels!), a Chrome Orange Exige 'S, and a dark blue Elite. I had also heard that a Magnetic Blue Elise was back there at some point. There was also an Ardent Red Elise in the "For Sale" section of the show.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the (dirty) Magnetic Blue in the parking lot... We spent an hour or two walking around and checking out all the cool cars. I think our favorites were the Vantages, a nice old Land Rover, and the Citroen out in the parking lot! My wife took a bunch of pictures, I will upload them when I get a chance!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
The Exige guys were the lucky ones. No one has mentioned that "slight" rain cloud that passed through. I was at the far end of the field, when it started sprinkling. By the time I got back to my Elise (the orange one), it was pouring. :panic:

While the couple next to me was frantically putting their top on, I was grabbing my cockpit cover and stretching that over the car. I really didn't notice how wet the seats were on the trip home however, because my clothes were already soaked.

While the drama was going on with my Elise, my son was running to the Miata in the parking lot to put it's top up. Just for information, it takes longer to dry out the inside of a soaked Miata than it does a soaked Elise. :D

Other than the 10 minute rain storm, it was a great day. :D

·
Registered
773 Posts
That Elite is beautiful.
There was an absolutely MAGNIFICENTLY restored Elan there as well. The show definitely lived up to its billing! :clap:

·
Registered
773 Posts
I had the (dirty) Magnetic Blue in the parking lot... We spent an hour or two walking around and checking out all the cool cars. I think our favorites were the Vantages, a nice old Land Rover, and the Citroen out in the parking lot! My wife took a bunch of pictures, I will upload them when I get a chance!
Indeed. Even the spectator lot, was quite a "show"! Anyone else see the '07 Exige-S, running the Larini above-diffuser, with rear panel elim that was there too? I think the plate was Montana IIRC. Anyone know who that was? You guys shoulda all just pulled on in!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hey Grant, I think we are almost neighbors, I live in Woodbine, just a bit further West on 70. Was happy to see your car, nice to see one in person. I do have one question for you. Do you feel that the color of your car is different from the published pictures?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Interesting observations, and no - I never really noticed before! The only pictures I ever saw prior to purchase really, came from the dealers (I shopped 3 of 'em), and each of those I felt - were fairly, and accurately represented to what I've got.

Interesting the one with the black-accented gas cap cover. Appears that the "club racer" front/side fender applique is BLACK too. Mine is white.

Other than that - I really don't see any real difference in the basic colors at all. - How do you mean?

Maybe the black gas cover one's are the UK one's or something too? Absolutely all the one's I've seen of the US models are exactly identical to mine.

Yeah, we're right down the road from one another. I just drove through Woodbine in fact, tonight! :shift:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts