The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Looks like all of the records will fall.
HUH? The new parts of the track will make the track longer and slower (much slower). From what I have read, the old configuration will still be there and can be used. From what it sounds like, I doubt any group will chose the new configuration and will only be used by "the club" (that is if your club can even GET a date there anymore). I haven't heard anybody say this is a good thing for LRP.

·
Registered
723 Posts
HUH? The new parts of the track will make the track longer and slower (much slower). From what I have read, the old configuration will still be there and can be used. From what it sounds like, I doubt any group will chose the new configuration and will only be used by "the club" (that is if your club can even GET a date there anymore). I haven't heard anybody say this is a good thing for LRP.
Quite the opposite. It is so good for LRP they are now able to repave the old track and even add to it. All paid for by the members.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Here's West bend with the berm & tirewall gone:

IIRC, they are extending the "optional" West Bend outwards (where the berm used to be) ... which means it is now closer to where the entrance gate stands ... so is there a wall going up there to stop cars from plowing through the people lined up to enter the track? Based on how tight the footprint of that place is, I wonder if they are really creating more runoff on a net basis with this reconfiguration. Surely if they are improving the runoff on the Downhill that will be welcomed -that's a pucker corner for me.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i for one am looking forward to the changes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts