The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone headed to Lime Rock for the Historics on Labor Day weekend? I'll be there with the Evora and my kids Saturday and possibly Sunday.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I usually go on Saturday if the weather is nice, I've had too many hot days at LRP over the years. Will be in my Green Evora.

·
Flower Power
48 Posts
I'll likely go saturday as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I see they have a special Lotus corral on Monday. I’ll be checking that out for sure! Unfortunately my front clam is off while I install a new radiator so I’ll be there in my daily,,, sigh

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,861 Posts
Note that if you click the correct box on the online TICKETS page you get $5 off for Lotus Corral parking and parade laps!

Reactions: mrfunstuff

·
Registered
539 Posts
Note that if you click the correct box on the online TICKETS page you get $5 off for Lotus Corral parking and parade laps!
Have you done the parade laps recently? Many years they were a lot of fun, I did them about five years ago and they pack so many cars on the track it was worse than rush hour traffic, stop and go. Would like to try again but skeptical.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Have you done the parade laps recently? Many years they were a lot of fun, I did them about five years ago and they pack so many cars on the track it was worse than rush hour traffic, stop and go. Would like to try again but skeptical.
I did the Lotus corral/parade laps a few years ago when Krugspeed had a car entered in the event. It was the Pirelli World Challenge or something. Wasn’t too crowded in my opinion. I took my daughter and she had a blast! Then again Historic Weekend tends to be more crowded especially if the weather is nice so hard to say for sure. I know the Porsche corral is always full, that’s a given!

·
Premium Member
6,778 Posts
Probably comparing service bills!

Reactions: mrfunstuff

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just FYI, you can buy corral tickets at the gate and it's $5 off if you show a AAA card. I'm not sure if the Lotus parade laps are at lunch break or after the races, sounds like they have too many groups to do just at lunch.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We did the parade lap Saturday. It was at 5:30, there were a ton of Morgan's on track, a few Lori, my Evora was the only "modern" (Elise or later) Lotus on track. A lot of the Lotus corral has cleared out by the time of the parade lap.

It was fun, but limited to 60mph and they took the briefing meeting seriously to say no shenanigans. There were a bunch of 3 wheeled Morgan's and one has passengers in a rumble seat, so I'm sure 60 seemed more than enough for them. We had both.pace and chase cars.

·
Registered
539 Posts
We did the parade lap Saturday. It was at 5:30
Glad it worked out, when I heard it was at 5:30 I didn't bother with the corral as I needed to leave before that. In reality the end of day laps are much better than the lunch break ones, those were a frantic mess or cars trying to get on/off the track to then crawl around in traffic. That was a very busy day for LRP, sounds like Monday afternoon was a washout.

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,138 Posts
Sunday was a bummer, we got very heavy rain- most people left before noon.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wait what? Sunday? Are you sure? I was there most of the day Sunday and it was overcast but not rainy. I hung out until around when the concours awards were given and then left, around 2 maybe?

Maybe you meant it rained all day Monday?

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,138 Posts
@Cantdecide on Sunday it started to rain like crazy around noon time then it stopped around 3pm- the rest of the day was sunny. The Miatas did the race in the rain while running slicks! It was a real nail biter, somehow only 1 Miata managed to crash entering the main straight. Sadly I was only there Sunday, I'm sure I missed most of the classic cars that were there on Saturday.

·
Registered
539 Posts
@Cantdecide on Sunday it started to rain like crazy around noon time then it stopped around 3pm- the rest of the day was sunny. The Miatas did the race in the rain while running slicks!
The holiday weekend must have gotten to you, they don't race at LRP on Sundays, *Monday* is the day it bucketed down and caused them to cancel some of the afternoon races.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I did notice a bunch of "Save Sundays: No Racing!" posters in neighbors front yards - is LRP trying to start racing on Sundays too?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts