The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was up at Limerock today practicing taking motorsport photos...

If these are any of your cars shoot me an email and I'll send you the high res...

I love the 2nd to last photo!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Very nice. I like the 6th one. Love how you can see the car so loaded up to one side in pics like that.

You should come up next Saturday Apr 19th (PDA) if you are around!

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. I like the 6th one. Love how you can see the car so loaded up to one side in pics like that.

You should come up next Saturday Apr 19th (PDA) if you are around!
If I didn't have to work I'd would. It was a beautiful day today. I got a bit sunburnt walking around. Hopefully next time I'm there I'll be driving...

I was hoping to see at least one BWR car but far less Lotus than usual showed up. I heard a bunch got black flagged for being too loud...

·
Registered
547 Posts
HRM is fitting my von hep with a supertrapp tip this week so hopefully I will be OK. There's no way I would pass without it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
You should put a BWR in your '06!

·
Registered
740 Posts
If I didn't have to work I'd would. It was a beautiful day today. I got a bit sunburnt walking around. Hopefully next time I'm there I'll be driving...

I was hoping to see at least one BWR car but far less Lotus than usual showed up. I heard a bunch got black flagged for being too loud...
I was there yesterday (blue Elise), sorry we didn't meet! :(

During the second session, they were measuring sound. I was at 95 dB, over the limit of 89 or 87 dB, black flagged. Then kept down the rpm's at the point just below downhill i though they were measuring sound. Only they measuring sound there but at the straight. So got black flagged again and taken out of the session. I know yak52pilot also got blackflagged. And to my surprise, 2 stage 2 SC'ed Elise were also blackflagged. In November none of the stage2 Elise were taken out :shrug:

Third session I put in 6th gear as soons as I was on the straight, was OK then. Fourth session they were gone, so flat out again:D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Smart car on the track? How did it do? Unexpected. :)
that was NOT a normal smart car,
it accelarated not much less than my NA Elise and through corners it did very well considering the height of the smart.

·
Registered
547 Posts
E.D. & Yak... you going to be out next saturday again? you should come.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Want to give me a ride? I want to check a car with the BWR before I go installing it?
Would be happy to arrange a ride for you. My car is at HRM until next Thu getting ready for lime rock.

Where do you live?

Not sure where they are in the whole process but i'll be picking it up next thu night if you want to come check it out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
E.D. & Yak... you going to be out next saturday again? you should come.
Yak will be there upcoming Sat, i don't know about next Sat.
have fun!!! It was so great yesterday, beautiful weather, good instructor and I like the Lime Rock track.

I heard that a track is opening in NJ later this spring, just an hour from NYC! It supposed to be a great track!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Oh yeah, sorry, you already told me you have friends in town.

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/
Should be great. We will have to get out there. I just got DE insurance for up to 10 events... so i have to try to make the most of that!

·
Registered
547 Posts
We should all buy a villa down together at the NJ motorsports place and have a place to crash before we drive.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Would be happy to arrange a ride for you. My car is at HRM until next Thu getting ready for lime rock.

Where do you live?

Not sure where they are in the whole process but i'll be picking it up next thu night if you want to come check it out.
I live in Westchester (Hastings). How are you getting up to HRM on Thursday? If you wanted to take the train to Hastings I could always drive you the rest of the way since I'd be going there anyway. Let me know. That is if you're in NYC at the time.

Who did you get your DE insurance with?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts