The Lotus Cars Community banner

681 - 699 of 699 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts

It was the last track day of my season today. I spent it at Mosport, a fastastically fast and technical track. Plenty of blind high speed corners, some are even off camber in a scary way.

My car has a dry sump, long rod BOE 2zz motor in it. Mated to a Quaife sequential.

The video starts with us heading down turn 2. A double apex, blind corner. Go too far right and you are in trouble.
I have to learn to hold more speed into turn 4. That one is pucker inducing. Ther is a 30' rise to the tight right 5a, 5b and 5c.

From the top to 5 there is a 16 storey drop, and the back straight is a 16 storey rise before the sweeping right hander.

ANYWAY
The car in front is a 997 GT3RS. The little BOE motor is pulling well against it. Especially since I have my 200lb+ friend in the car with me. As expected, we catch him in braking. He really should have just let us take turn 8. I cut the video, but he went two wheels off and screwed everything up, and we were braking early because he was.

Next year, i will be faster.

·
Premium Member
4,663 Posts
Looking good, Barry!

I had a chance to run a new configuration at Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch this last weekend ..... 3.22 miles, 2 bowls, nice elevation changes and ~ 27 corners.

It definitely keeps you busy. :D

·
Registered
1,340 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lotus Espirit V8 Review

·
Registered
342 Posts
I love the Evora S

·
Registered
342 Posts
Lotus Exige S videos

Part 1 - The specs

Part 2 - The Drive

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Great intro to the video above! ;)

Happy belated Christmas 2017! Somehow back then I forgot to post the 3rd installment of my spin compilations - so here it is:

See also post 663 (p34) in this thread for the original ISpinUWin.
See also post 683 (p35) in this thread for ISpinUWin#2.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for hosting the vid. One of the best out there to show what the Elise can do!!

Thanks for hosting the vid. One of the best out there to show what the Elise can do!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Digitalopment strives as a web Development Company in Dubai to create user-friendly, simple, intuitive solutions for its customers. That is the main cause of improving user experiences. As it is one of the foremost tasks especially for the UX/ UI development team while creating an app.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Great intro to the video above! ;)

Happy belated Christmas 2017! Somehow back then I forgot to post the 3rd installment of my spin compilations - so here it is:

See also post 663 (p34) in this thread for the original ISpinUWin.
See also post 683 (p35) in this thread for ISpinUWin#2.
Well, not sure what happened, and I can't edit link in original post. Here it is:

681 - 699 of 699 Posts