The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Ooh, nice. I love that banjo steering wheel !

Lillie, are you going to post some other Fo-Toes of your excellent adventure for us ??? ;)

Please....

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
By the way, they are now putting Subaru flat four turbo motors into those replicars... Here is one such beast I ran into at a HRM / Lotus Club event:

WOWIEKAZOWIE!!

My E30 M3 and the P-car....someday I'll get to park with the other cars over yonder...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Oohhh how sweet...

But that can't be Little Bastard! Dean's ride is tucked safe and sound in some long foregotten barn in Florida:D

I had a friend some time ago that was in to old Porches and had close to 30, mostly in disrepair, stuffed in old dirt floor buildings. I had visions of the forelorn spyder appearing from under one of his old army tarps some day!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Stan said:
By the way, they are now putting Subaru flat four turbo motors into those replicars... Here is one such beast I ran into at a HRM / Lotus Club event:

WOWIEKAZOWIE!!

My E30 M3 and the P-car....someday I'll get to park with the other cars over yonder...

Stan,

WOW nice pics. Are you on the wait list up at HRM???
I am #15 at HRM.
BTW nice E30 :)

Mitch

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow, I'm really glad someone else appreciates the abarth as much as I. It kinda looks like a zagato, and has a really cool history behind it. I think they made 10, 5 remain today, and 2 were at the track being raced that day :eek:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Thanks Lillie, Monterey is just such an amazing experience, I find that I kind of go into sensory overload at some point, there are just so many fantastic cars. I heard that Ferrari's lead factory test driver was there in a 2003 (?) M. Schumacher F-1 car, and they were going to attempt to break the track record on Sunday. I guess the first time he went out on Friday, the first time ever he'd ever been to Laguna Seca, he came within about 3 seconds of doing the all-time record of 1.07 and change. Did you see/hear that ?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Modern Wedgie said:
Now this is one of my all times favorites, a 908/3. This was back when Porsche built giant killers like Lotus does. The car was extremely lightweigth and was built specifically for the Targa Florio and Nurburgring IIRC. I built a model of this car (the Sifferet/Redman car with the two arrows down each side of the car) in wood shop in high school.

Too bad Porsche is losing their focus.

oops - this post was supposed to have the #1 Porshce from a few posts above this (light blue and orange). Don't know how to "quote" a picture:huh:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts