The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS part of my '89 Turbo rebuild I am trying to replace all the old little rubber bumpers, pads, and grommets. I've googled around and located a few places. I'm wondering if any of my Lotus comrades have a favorite source for these items. I especially need the rubber pads for the filler doors, the little rubber pieces which sit inside the door handle exterior flap, small things like that.

Any suggestions?

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Grainger or McMaster Carr? They carry that sort of stuff. :shrug:

Now if it were a Lambo I would tell you to check Tractor Supply :rolleyes:

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
What about emailing SJS? They seem to carry a lot of the little stuff.

·
Registered
184 Posts
As someone mentions, SJ has a lot of this stuff. I know they have the little rubber gas flap bumper...I was just looking at it last night since I need it too.

The best place I know, although they don't seem to have the specific bumper for the gas flap, for just about every crazy piece you can imagine is ClipsAndFasteners.com - Automotive Retainers,Clips and Fasteners.

The search engine on the site is actually good, and if you just want to browse, it's organized very well also.

- Dale

AS part of my '89 Turbo rebuild I am trying to replace all the old little rubber bumpers, pads, and grommets. I've googled around and located a few places. I'm wondering if any of my Lotus comrades have a favorite source for these items. I especially need the rubber pads for the filler doors, the little rubber pieces which sit inside the door handle exterior flap, small things like that.

Any suggestions?

:shrug:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are a number of places which sell grommets. weatherstrip, etc. but it all seems geared to the US restoration market. If you want stuff for you 1955 Thunderbird it's out there. But the Lotus minutiae is hard to find. I was hoping to take advantage of somebody else's hard work!

:D

Wouldn't it be nice if there was a kit available for an Esprit, sort of like the stainless steel bolt kits that some guys sell?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Give these two a try. ClipsAndFasteners, the link I gave above, has the largest selection, and I usually find what I need there, but these below are also useful. One is UK based, and the other is much smaller but has some odd ball stuff and lots of hard to find tools.

Classic Car Parts | Trim Clips, Fasteners and Fixings - clips, fasteners, and fixings from UK business
British Tools & Fasteners, LLC - odd ball stuff and tools

1 - 8 of 8 Posts