The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in general discussion, then I realized it probably should go here.

I had a local company install an xpel clear bra on my car yesterday. For the price of the dealer option, I got the X-Pel Hood and Mirror Kit, Bumper kit, Rocker Panel Kit, Headlight kit, and six custom pieces (3 on each side). The custom pieces were the panel just behind the front wheel, the door sill, and a good-sized piece behind the rear wheels. Really through coverage.

The guys did a very good job, were very through and precise, and I would recommend them. They are a mobile service, so you would need a clean garage space. But the good part of that is they have a pretty wide area of coverage, and I'm sure would travel a bit for a 2 or 3 car install.

If you are interested, email me at [email protected]om and I'll give you the contact information. Or, I'd be happy to arrange a group buy/install in Providence if anyone is interested. Steve

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
What is your impression of the "orange peel" aspect of the film? Some like star shield seem to have a noticeable amount.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stan, my initial impression is that its not an issue. The film looked really smooth and clear. And I was one of those guys that never considered putting film on any of my cars -- too much like putting a cover on the couch, tacky and ugly. But I changed my mind quickly when I realized what we were dealing with in the Elise.

Having said this, it was inside and pretty dark by the time they finished. I'm going to have to look closely in the daylight this weekend. I know that they used the new generation 3M film, which is supposed to be the best out there.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts