1 - 20 of 440 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HEY!!!
NEXT "EVENT":

SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 19th 2009

Tech Day at Mark's home at Malibou Lake!

Please join us!!!!:wave:

Get the BEST out of your Lotus! Join us!:wave:

I would like to initiate a Lotus Club in this area. We have informal drives based in the Agoura Hills area and sometimes we go (as a group) to the track, so I'd like to make it a bit more formal and more substantial.

I'm not thinking about dues/officers/politics stuff, but a more structure with meeting places and particular times/dates etc. We have a great data base of Lotus owners in this area with different ages and different interests.

The "club" will have short informal Lotus drives (like we do now), longer weekend trips with interesting destinations, socials/dinners for relaxing and camraderie, group trips to the local race track, tech-days where we get together for doing oil changes, repair, installation of aftermarket mods etc. Looks like fun! We could even get discounts at dealers, auto parts, performace shops...:D

PLEASE let me know if you are attending!!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
369 Posts
So... there we are...WHEN IS THE FIRST MEETING? Any ideas?:shrug:

--Hal[/QUOTE]

How about 4th of July or that week-end. Sure there will be a number of people going out of town etc.

We could do a drive in the morning, than have a BBQ/ pot luck later.

·
Registered
431 Posts
You might want to call it Lotus Club Ventura as there's already a Lotus Club in Los Angeles...I think Gordonie runs it but their website seems to have change and it's weird :crazyeyes index

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK The weekend of the fourth would be good, but as you mentioned, a lot of people are doing there own thing. Like bar-b-que-ing the screaming babies and ingrate toddlers, or placating the teenagers with attitudes. Sounds like a fun family time...:thwack::wallbang:poke-:huh::Drotfl

Lotus Club of Ventura (LCV) is a good start. Of course, people from LA and Orange County are always welcomed, as we can share the events.

--Hal

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
Ohhh, Lotus Club of Ventura. Sweet!

I may show up every once in a while. :D I have to admit though, my weekends are usually pretty busy. And the canyons are sooo much more fun during the week!

If you have a meet 4th of July weekend, I may be roasting in Vegas! But I'll have to show up one of these days so I can say hi.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
You might want to call it Lotus Club Ventura as there's already a Lotus Club in Los Angeles...I think Gordonie runs it but their website seems to have change and it's weird :crazyeyes index

I heard Gordonie had taken ill and was selling his Esprit. Sad news. The LA Lotus LTD club has been a bit dormant.

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
If you use a name like Lotus of Ventura then I'll feel out of place. :(

Call it something more open so anyone in the area will fit in, like "Lotus of the Twisty's" or "Lotus of the Foothills" or "Lotus Enthusiasts of the West" or "The Lotus Canyon Carvers of the West". :D

I wanna join! :coolnana:

- z

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How about LotusorMars! Only Ardent Red Lotus cars join. delise?
Obviously, only Chrome Orange Lotus cars are members of Orange County.
LotusofConejo is only for VW rabbits.:p

Or how about "Lotus Enthusiasts based in Ventura County"

Yes, Ventura is too limiting for those who are in the San Fernando Valley.
But remember, all Lotus Owners from all parts of the world can join.

So let's set up the first dinner/meeting. How about Sunday July 6th at dinner? Now we need to find a restaurant that can accomodate a large group. Chuy's in Agoura road, than a nice drive in the evening?

--Hal

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Well considering most of the people who go on the drives don't live in Ventura county I think the name is misleading. And most of the drives and meeting spots are not in Ventura either ! I am out of town I think for that weekend but put me down for a maybe!

One thing I think might be nice is if we find a sponsor or person to throw a group tech day where we can all work on our cars and lend helping hands/tools expertise, maybe do group oil changes, bottom panel checks etc. Another nice idea I think would be to have members more connected via private emails, text and cell phone numbers. I think it would be pretty cool to establish a little network of people willing to help out regionally to Lotus owners in a bind. If somebody were near my work or house and their car pooped out or were in a bad Lotus situation I would gladly help out, give them a lift, pick up a part etc if I were able to.

I am also willing to help out with planning stuff, coordinating things etc, so is Christine, she even mentioned driving a chase car on a drive and she could bring a BBQ grill and drinks etc. and our drive could go to a park or beach.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
That Lotus club LA site has never really gone online or been active so I say go with
LOLA - Lotus Owners Los Angeles !!

Or how about - Lotus Owners West Club - or The LOW club

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
The LOW Club :up:

I like it. :D

- z

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Godadday.com says www.lotusownerswest.com is available if we have any web site geeks on board who know about hosting and such... I have messed with this stuff some for my music project and it was a pain for me !

·
Failed at Self Control
653 Posts
Lotus Owners West - Canyon Carving Outlaws :evil:
LOWCCO (pronounced loco)

:)

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Well you could do - Lotus Owners West Coast Organization - but I like LOW Club better

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
First Meeting of unnamed Lotus Club

Let's set the FIRST MEETING on Sunday July 13th, right after SuperCar Sunday! 11am. We'll have a brunch at Terri's Cafe and discuss the club stuff there. Terri's Cafe is off Agoura Road. Take the Reye's Adobe exit off of the 101 freeway, north to Agoura Road (left) and two driveways turn left in the parking lot.

After that, we could take a short ride on Lotus roads!:D

July 6th is a bad date, too many screaming babies.:no:

Don't forget the STARGAZING LOTUS DRIVE/WEEKEND on July 26th!

--Hal

·
Registered
18 Posts
Lotus L.A. is no longer, as Know one ever showed up for the club.

The people who did show up, eventually moved down to the OC.

So I stopped work on the website.

Guy

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Let's set the FIRST MEETING on Sunday July 13th, right after SuperCar Sunday! 11am. We'll have a brunch at Terri's Cafe and discuss the club stuff there. Terri's Cafe is off Agoura Road. Take the Reye's Adobe exit off of the 101 freeway, north to Agoura Road (left) and two driveways turn left in the parking lot.

After that, we could take a short ride on Lotus roads!:D

July 6th is a bad date, too many screaming babies.:no:

Don't forget the STARGAZING LOTUS DRIVE/WEEKEND on July 26th!

--Hal
Sounds good to me, will meet at Terri's cafe at 11AM and do the drive but skipping the super car sunday most likely. Terri's will be much nicer than Chuys for actually trying to carry on conversations and the food is way better !

1 - 20 of 440 Posts