The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. Ok. Time for a very basic question.

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400, and for the life of me I cannot find the lug adapter anywhere in the car. I'm talking about the standard lotus lug adapter, not any type of special "locking" key.

I have searched on here but can only find references to the location on the Elise/Exige.

Is there some double secret, special place in which this is stored or am I just missing it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
569 Posts
It should be in a black sleeve with a Velcro flap in the trunk along with something else—maybe the tow hook. If it’s not there, then you may have to buy one. I think Hethelsport or Greg’s Race Parts sells them.

·
Registered
362 Posts
There should also be a tow hook and T20 wrench (to remove the front grill if you need a tow hook)... be sure to have all three.
I bought the wrench since my dealer omitted it on a leftover '17 model.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Ok. Ok. Time for a very basic question.

I have a new to me 2017 Evora 400, and for the life of me I cannot find the lug adapter anywhere in the car. I'm talking about the standard lotus lug adapter, not any type of special "locking" key.

I have searched on here but can only find references to the location on the Elise/Exige.

Is there some double secret, special place in which this is stored or am I just missing it?

Thanks!
My car came with two, maybe they puts yours in my car! If you want I'll ship you my spare, just PM me your address.

Or buy this tool from MonkeyWrench, it is WAY better than the factory tool. I snapped off the factory toy on my last evora.

https://www.monkeywrenchracing.com/product/mwr-lug-bolt-tool-lotus-elise-exige-evora/

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have a "Velcro pouch" anywhere in the car that I can find. I was hoping it was in some hidden compartment that I haven't found.

I'll look into buying the whole "kit" instead of buying each tool. I agree that I need all 3, as I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road somewhere just because I don't have a T20 handy. :)

Thanks for all the quick replies!

·
Administrator
2010 Exige S260
2,138 Posts
Here:

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WV7ZX56/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_2?smid=A1AUFI5NHGNZ61&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
288 Posts
I don't have a "Velcro pouch" anywhere in the car that I can find. I was hoping it was in some hidden compartment that I haven't found.

I'll look into buying the whole "kit" instead of buying each tool. I agree that I need all 3, as I don't want to be stuck on the side of the road somewhere just because I don't have a T20 handy. :)

Thanks for all the quick replies!
Mine got wedged on top of the tire inflator on the right rear of the trunk, you may want to look there.

·
Illegal Alien
4,999 Posts
also check the "back seat" side bins

·
Registered
463 Posts
I used a black zip tie, through a hole punched in the rubber grommet protecting the mounting site for the tow hook, with end protruding just out the grill so grommet can be removed manually without removing the grill........tool pouch did not include Torx driver for grill....

Reactions: dogtag114

·
Registered
878 Posts
missing tool kit

Also missing tool kit. I was given the lug nut torx adapter at the 1000 mile checkup. Saw no need for a tow hook, there is no place to thread one in that I could see.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Better to get the tow hook. I used it the first day I had the car, thanks to Michigan road "repairs." The hook goes into a socket inside the grill, just below the tip of the blinker on the driver's side of the car. There's a rubber cap over it so it's hard to see without a flashlight. Turn the hook counter clockwise to get it to stay. I managed to get it in, without the T20 to remove that part of the grill. No damage done, but I'm getting the tool anyway.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Also missing tool kit. I was given the lug nut torx adapter at the 1000 mile checkup. Saw no need for a tow hook, there is no place to thread one in that I could see.
Did they change your oil at the check up?

I bought the car with just over 1k miles and saw no service record that the oil was ever changed.

·
Registered
288 Posts

I bought the car with just over 1k miles and saw no service record that the oil was ever changed.
My dealer didn't change my oil at the 1K, I ended up changing it myself. It's now due for it's 6 month oil change :grin2:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Did you check in the battery compartment?

I tucked my tool kit there, beside the battery. I know where it is, it doesn't rattle, and it's less likely to get accidentally misplaced.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone for the pointers on where to look. It's not in the trunk, by the compressed air flat thing, under the trunk carpet, battery compartment, glove box, side bins in back seat, under the seats. I even checked the engine bay!!

I'll just have to order the parts to make up the kit. (Thanks for the links to some of the parts above!)

You guys/gals are GREAT! Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
878 Posts
1K checkup

I was told an oil change was performed. Also was told Lotus will be sending a report to me of all that was done during the 1000 mile checkup.

Also was told Lotus is footing the cost of routine maintenance for the first three years (warranty period) by reimbursing the dealer.

I would think there is a service record somewhere of what was performed at the 1000 mile checkup on your car - make some calls?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts