The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Building on the success of last year's outing, we once again will be doing a Go Kart Day at Unser Racing. Unser Racing has an indoor ventilated track with high-end modified gas powered race karts which top out over 50 mph and run on custom Hoosier tires. We will be participating in our own "Grand Prix" and have the track all to ourselves during the event. Each session is about 17-20 laps depending on your speed. All karts are outfitted with timing hardware which update live during the session. After each race, every driver gets a computer-generated time sheet with their per-lap times and relative standing to everyone else in the session, as well as their overall ranking compared to all drivers.

Who: LoCo and friends! (Drivers must be 18+ or 14+ and taller than 5'0" with guardian and a waiver)
When: April 22nd, 3pm until ~6pm (depending on the total number of people)
Where: Unser Racing, 7300 Broadway, Denver, CO (Just North of Mickey's Top Sirloin)
Website: Unser Racing - Indoor Karting High Speed Go Karts in Colorado
What: "Grand Prix" Races
- 2 Qualifying timed heats per person
- Racers with the top 10 times will compete in a 20 lap Championship race with an inverted grid start
How much will it cost? The total cost for reserving the track and all races (either 2 or 3 per person) will be $70 per racer
What do I need to bring? Closed toed shoes and a photo ID are required. Unser has helmets, headsocks, racing suits, and neck collars. Feel free to bring your own gloves, suits, helmets (must be DOT certified with full face shield), headsocks, helmet cams, etc.

If you would like to participate, please follow the directions on the LoCo website to pre-pay and RSVP to me at [email protected] by Friday April 13th so we can reserve the track for enough time for all the races! On April 14th we will distribute the final pre-registration information so when we show up we'll all be ready to race!

Registration and RSVP information here:

Lotus Colorado - Special Events

Any questions?
Jason Walp

·
Registered
572 Posts
I just sent payment for my wife and I to attend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts