The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
when you take apart a complete car, isn't it interesting how really complex one is...
suggestion: when you strip the donor, remove and save every last nut and bolt. it'll help for years.
i've done a couple of hondas and then the upholstry got burned in a potbelly stove which kept me warm.
it's great fun watching over your shoulder, thanks for including us.
sam

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thanks for letting me live vicariously through this thread. I wish you success with this project. Please keep the post and photos coming.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks guys. With a project like this you need some moral support!

If everyone shows up who RSVP'd then we will have one person dedicated to taking pictures and labelling. So this should be fun.

I am going to have a rule that the beer comes out when the motor comes out! That way things will actually get done and we just don't start talking smack about who is the slowest etc. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Mitch assembled the engine lift.

I had to stay on top of these slackers all day!

You don't need that bumper right?

The Master and the student!

Mitch was rocking the grill!

At some point Darren just started ripping crap out with his bare hands. I think this was it!

That bumper didn't stand a chance!

S2000TigerGirl from the S2000 forums dropped by to turn a wrench!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Harponian,

Congrats on your project.
I chickened out and did the kit thing.

Here's pic that may be useful to you.

It's a pic of a Deman SR27 (with a Miata diff) that I sourced from a string on USA7s ... SR27 unveiled! - Member Rides - USA7s.

Seeing as you are welding up your space frame, you are going to have to do some "locost" engineering to make that Miata Diff fit.

Also here's a pic of the naked Deman Chassis. ... Hope it helps!

I'd send you a bunch of my build pics but our car is the Busa model and has a Tbird diff ... won't help you much!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Thanks for the pics. I finally got to do a little something Locost related today!
Well another chapter in the Locost book has been written. The MULLET is now gone. It was gobbled up by our very own Miata collector KWICKER! The wife has a baby shower in two days and it had to go!

Have you ever wondered what it be like to cut a car in half? Really? Me too! So I thought now is my chance to try it. Let me tell you it was as cool as it sounds. Cutting a car in half is something everyone should try! I figured it would make loading it on the trailer easier since it had no front wheels and the rears were locked up. Well that is my story and I am sticking to it!

THE PROUD NEW OWNER!!!

I am happy to know that it went to a good cause. May the parts from that car help many a spec pinata/crash miata/spec miata :) driver happy!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
tell the new owner "it'll polish out". rotfl
sam

21 - 34 of 34 Posts