The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you attended LOG 28 what did you think? I made and had a nice time but I thought there would be a bigger turn out with more cars. Was this turn out normal for a LOG?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
It actually seemed a bit bigger than LOG 26 in Dallas, and probably close to the same as LOG 27 in Aspen.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,696 Posts
I'd say it was a "normal" turnout.

These things ebb and flow over the years, the bigger ones are those in "new" areas. Colorado (LOG 27) drew a lot of cars from the West Coast.

Always a good time, though. That's one thing that NEVER changes. :clap:

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I would expect Vegas for LOG 30 (if they get their act together and submit it to the board -poke- ;)) would be VERY heavily attended. While some of the east coast folks would bow out of driving because of the long distance, I'm sure we'd get a LOT of west coast folks doing the drive.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you attended LOG 28 what did you think? I made and had a nice time but I thought there would be a bigger turn out with more cars. Was this turn out normal for a LOG?
This being my first one, I actually thought it would be smaller........the lotus community is not as large as say the Corvette guys with bloomington gold. But I think thats a good thing, as I had a chance to meet a lot of people (yourself included) that I have only talked to on the forum or over the phone.
Im guesing they have gotten even larger the the Elise/Exige and will continue with the Evora. Barber should be awesome!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
How many Lotus cars are in North America? How many Elise/Exige have been sold? I remember the bad old days when a stupendous sales month for Lotus was 12 cars. I think that was the highest sales month for about five years!

There were about 3% of the Elan M100’s in attendance. A high percentage of the 211’s were there. I’ll take a SWAG and guess that 3% of all the Lotus Cars in North America showed up. It gets tough. I know of two families who were in attendance with one car each. Between these two families they own a total 10 Lotus.:bow:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I want your comments about LOG

If you wish to provide suggestions or constructive criticism (no flames please) of LOG or Lotus Ltd. for that matter please send me a pm. I will consider your comments and respond to every pm. I will also pass them on to the board for consideration and promises to do so anonymously.

As a board we really do value the input from members.

Dean Giacopassi
Recording Secretary Lotus Ltd.

Oh, and if you don’t see a formal signature such as the directly above on any my posts you can ignore them as my own private rants.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought I would post my LOG28 comments for the group. I do not have any criticsm because after attending just one day of the event and only a few hours of that day, it would not be right for me to complain. Also being my first LOG I don't have anything to cpmpare it to. I do have nice things to say. It was well timed. Things started on time (within just a couple minutes) and the lunch was good. The Indy historian was great and I could have listened to him for hours. All of the LOG people were very helpfull and Terry Beasley could not have been nicer. Actually everone was nice. One funny story was the guy who asked me if I had on a William and Mary tee shirt because they are the same colors as Lotus? The lady who was standing next to the guy said to him maybe I had on W&M tee shirt because I went to W&M. Nice come back for her. All in all a nice time.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
The CHILL folks are the ones who made everything happen. Certainly they made things run on time.

I heard a similar story about the Wisconson LOG. The couple that have the Jim Clark edition Esprit were asked if they painted the car to match football team colors.

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,696 Posts
The couple that have the Jim Clark edition Esprit were asked if they painted the car to match football team colors.
Another wag at Monument Circle looked at Dave Yohn's Jim Clark Esprit and exclaimed

"Hey look, a John Deere Special" :eek: :shrug:

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
We need to get some John Deere stickers and be ready for him at LOG29 in Birmingham. rotfl rotfl rotflI'm sure he would appreciate the gesture.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts