The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to start a new forum, but only know how to start a new thread.

Anyway, where is LOG 29, and WHO'S GOING?!?!?!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Birmingham AL.......... I may go.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
no way i am going to miss it.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I will probably go.

Had a good experience at LOG28 this weekend.

Briefly met a few LT members, next time I have to make sure I spend more time searchingt them out early in the week.

I believe it will be and of May next year.

:shift:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Please can they have an autojumble! There were a lot of us at LOG28 who wanted to buy some things for the cars and nothing was available!

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Please can they have an autojumble! There were a lot of us at LOG28 who wanted to buy some things for the cars and nothing was available!
Yes, I agree. I heard a lot of guys asking about the autojumble, and it was on the schedule, but there was no venue for it. I ended up selling my smaller mirror kits out of the trunk of my car, but you had to walk by and look in there to see them. Thanks to Chuck and the beautiful paint job he did on my engine covers, plenty of people stopped to admire his handywork and the all the kits were gone in a matter of minutes! :clap:

·
Registered
205 Posts
to the powers that be:

1. try to make it end of May instead of August; B'ham is nice, but it will be cooler in May instead of August.

2. i assume there will be a tie-in with the Barber motorsports museum as a side field trip? if so, some armtwisting to have some of the Loti featured in the Victory by Design Lotus video on the track? that would be quite nice. :nanner:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Im already putting in for days off. :D

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Hi there,

I'm one of the the co-chairmen of the LOG 29 committee, so I can answer some questions:

LOG 29 is locked in on May 29th - June 1st.

The autojumble traditionally takes place at the concourse on Saturday. We'll set up an area for this specifically.

The Wynfrey hotel is the host hotel. Its VERY nice.

The Barber Motorsport Park will be the back drop for most of the LOG activities. The concourse, track day and driver's training exercises will all be at the track. The concourse lunch will be served in the Barber Motorsports Museum (you have GOT to see this museum). It contains the largest collection of Lotus racecars outside of England with almost 50 cars. There are also over 1000 motorcycles on display.

While all of this is going on at the track, a vintage race weekend will be going on in the back ground for you to enjoy, included with your LOG registration. We are hoping to have a Lotus only race at some point.

We are planning on featuring a Lotus Challenge Series race on Monday during the track day.

Concurrent with the concourse will be a classic car concourse featuring other classic European car clubs from the Birmingham area.

We hope to have the official LOG 29 web page up soon where we'll have all the information you could want.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
I'll be doing my part to help out with the event over the course of the next year and will be there was well.

Believe it or not there have already been people working on next years event, well for probably a year or better now!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'll be there. I've been to every LOG since I got my Lotus. Don't think I'll be missing any of them.

Will the track day be at Barber?

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
The track day will definitely be at Barber.
2004 was a GREAT LOG.

Try to stage the Panoramic photo W I D E instead of DEEP . I hate the 2004 picture, my car is teeny-tiny in the pic (and my eyesight is failing) :panic:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Indy was only around 700 miles from me... This is 1000 miles!! Ah well :D Looking forward to it!
Uhhh, you didn't make it to Indy, did you-poke-

There were people that drove over 1000 miles. It's worth the trip. I did well over 1500 by the time I got home (took a detour on the way home). RichS drove from Texas on corded tires. Borrowed tires for the track day, and made it home on the corded ones (and with an alterator not putting out full output and us push starting him, lol)

Charlie and some others are making a pitch to have it in Vegas the year after next. You can bet I'll drive there!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
5,945 Posts
Charlie and some others are making a pitch to have it in Vegas the year after next. You can bet I'll drive there!

Any group who wants to put on a LOG really needs to put in an application to the Lotus Limited Board. PM me for the details and to see what's involved.

Dates beyond 2009 are still up for grabs, and Limited realizes that it may take two years of preparation to get all plans in place....

That said, I think a Vegas LOG would be GREAT.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Do the drive! Last summer I drove to Aspen and back (3500 miles) with no problems. Getting there is half the fun!

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
carbuff, we're working on that application, and hope to pick the log 29's peoples brains a bit, so far they've been great, i'm really looking forward to 29.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts