The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
If the mods want to create a new sub-goup for this, OK.

>Originally Posted by Lotus 07
>LOG 33 will be in Connecticut.

When?

Hope not over Labor Day, as I suspect that uncle jack will be asked to be a featured car and perhaps pace car at a track far from (and older than) Lime Rock.

At least we know we won't get stuck with the track day on Sunday again!

Glad to see that the Florida LOG seems to have dodged the Sandy bullet. My daughter just moved to DC, and she's all stocked up with flashlights and botttled water...

·
Premium Member
2,825 Posts
WooHoo, Ct!
I'll see everyone there:)

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
370 Posts
Connecticut.... hmmmm. It would be great if LOG 33 coincided with the NJ F1 race, though June is pretty optimistic :D

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Connecticut.... hmmmm. It would be great if LOG 33 coincided with the NJ F1 race, though June is pretty optimistic :D
On the contrary. I think it would be a disaster. We need to be in a time when roads are beautiful, hotels are cheap and traffic is light.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Phil,

Connecticut roads are beautiful to drive, especially up in that part of connecticut. winding roads in and around the berkshire mountains. great driving fun! I like the location, just not the weekend.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
The Historic Vintage Festival at Lime Rock Park Labor Day weekend is one of their largest events of the season. The place is packed with car corrals, vendors, spectator and RV parking. Basically there just isn't any room.

I personally cannot see how the two events could coexist with one another.

Just my two pence.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Phil,

Connecticut roads are beautiful to drive, especially up in that part of connecticut. winding roads in and around the berkshire mountains. great driving fun! I like the location, just not the weekend.
Oops. That's what I meant. I should have written:

On the contrary. I think it would be a disaster. We need to be in a TIME WHEN roads are beautiful, hotels are cheap and traffic is light.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
Darn, two East Coast LOGs in a row. It would sure be sweet if they did a rotation of East Coast, Middle and then West Coast. A rotation would allow people from all over the US to have involvement every third year.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Looking good for next year. September is normally a great time of year in northern Connecticut. CT roads are very like English roads so our cars work as intended. Lime Rock is a classic track, I'm looking forward to some parade laps. The vintage festival is a good event. There are many Lotus owners in the surrounding area so there should be a large turnout especially of the older cars.

I understand that the organizers are already looking for volunteers to help out with LOG. Lots of work for everyone. Setting out signs, laying out the show field, counting ballots, directing cars, registration...

Now is an excellent opportunity to come up with some fresh ideas, share them with others and volunteer to help execute your ideas.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Was there a LOG 33 presentation made at LOG 32?

Was there a video?

Can this video be seen anywhere? (The Lotus LTD site has nothing.)

Are there hard dates for the event?

What are they?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Darn, two East Coast LOGs in a row. It would sure be sweet if they did a rotation of East Coast, Middle and then West Coast. A rotation would allow people from all over the US to have involvement every third year.
You just gotta make the trek over! :)

·
Have you GYLO'd?
1,688 Posts
Was there a LOG 33 presentation made at LOG 32?

Was there a video?

Can this video be seen anywhere? (The Lotus LTD site has nothing.)

Are there hard dates for the event?

What are they?
The presentation was the announcement of CT as the venue. No video.
They said Labor Day Weekend as dates. They said something about possibly using Monticello Motor Club for trackday (I assumed, because that's a busy weekend at Lime Rock.) They said nothing on the use of Monticello is confirmed yet.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The presentation was the announcement of CT as the venue. No video.
They said Labor Day Weekend as dates. They said something about possibly using Monticello Motor Club for trackday (I assumed, because that's a busy weekend at Lime Rock.) They said nothing on the use of Monticello is confirmed yet.
If they don't have the track or the hotel nailed down, they still have time to move to a more-sensible weekend.

By the way, who are "they" who are running this one?

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
If they don't have the track or the hotel nailed down, they still have time to move to a more-sensible weekend.

By the way, who are "they" who are running this one?
I was wondering the same thing. Typically a local "club" or "chapter" sponsors the next LOG. How come such skimpy details?

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
While I still think Labor day weekend (Labor Day is on Monday September 2 2013) is problematic in general, my personal objection has evaporated. It seems uncle jack is invited as a featured car at that older track on the following weekend, September 6-7-8 2013.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Nice!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts