The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Not me. I went online to do it and discovered it can only be done through snail mail

·
Registered
468 Posts
I missed the early date as well. Thanks for posting the reminder. I can't see the links too well on the LOG34 web site, but managed to get the form printed.

Will be there with the V8. Just looking at possible routes now.

Stu

·
Registered
677 Posts
Couldn't find someone to store a trailer for the week while roaming around, so I'll probably not be going.. bummer.. looks like tons of laughs.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I store a trailer at a storage facility nearby that looks to have room for more. Want me ask what they would charge for just a couple of days?

·
Registered
864 Posts
I'm in (assuming the registration stuff makes it through the mail). Too bad the Internet hasn't been invented yet, as it would have been more efficient to do this online!

I called the host hotel (Doubletree) last week to ask about trailer parking and they assured me that the LOG organizers and the hotel would reserve sufficient spaces for trailers during the event weekend. I know this doesn't help for an extended trip in the area, but does provide for part of the time.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I store a trailer at a storage facility nearby that looks to have room for more. Want me ask what they would charge for just a couple of days?
If you could send along their contact number I can call them myself.. it'll probably be 7 to 10 days..

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I missed the early date as well. Thanks for posting the reminder. I can't see the links too well on the LOG34 web site, but managed to get the form printed.

Will be there with the V8. Just looking at possible routes now.

Stu
Cross over to the USA as soon as you can as gas is less expensive on this side of the border. All the way to middle USA is 75 mph with certain states at 80 mph. It drops to 70 mph as you go to the east half of the USA. I would say 5 over is safe, 10 over is OK depending on the area. Just use a good radar detector and laser shifters as they will help and give a little advance warning. It's better than using nothing
Speed limits in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
GROAN, wish was closer than the opposite of this great country!

Put in some hints to them, I vote for COTA (Circuit of the Americas) in Austin next year!

·
Cal H
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GROAN, wish was closer than the opposite of this great country!

Put in some hints to them, I vote for COTA (Circuit of the Americas) in Austin next year!
I'm not sure of the process for LOG location selection but I think a lot has to do with the hosting local club. Hosting LOG must take enormous amount of time and effort for the local club and volunteers.

·
Older but getting faster
530 Posts
I'm getting a little nervous - I mailed my application and check to the snail mail address in College Park MD 2 weeks ago and they haven't negotiated my check.

Kinda weird. :confused:

·
Older but getting faster
530 Posts
Steel - no need to be nervous. Cora has been very ill, I talked to her yesterday. She will handle it upon her return, the same as she has done for many years.
Please wish her a speedy recovery. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
606 Posts
If anyone has a room booked at the event site and cancels, please DON'T cancel before you PM me. I want your room! All rooms are gone so I had to get another hotel. Would love to stay at the same hotel as everyone else.

Thanks
James

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just booked a room at the Hampton Inn. I will be there but without the Esprit. I am taking my wife and daughters.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Is the concourse on Saturday open to the public?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts