The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
07 Exige S
1,722 Posts
Hell Yeah!!!

I can demonstrate all kinds of Lotus Brotherhood. I am from Knoxville and currently have a home here. I can make all kinds of suggestions for food, things to do, clubbing, you name it! This is completly damn exciting. I wonder if it falls near one of the quarterly Harper Cars and Coffee that happen on Sundays, over 4k vehicles. Knoxville is basically Madmax Bartertown with no emissions testing so you see it all here... This is damn exciting. I would love to help and get involved with this if anyone wants that? Even in a official capacity if helpful. I also know the best roads to hoon , attorneys, bail bondsmen, best mechanics and shops etc... My chosen family feel free to PM me. Consider me your local concierge!

· Registered
134 Posts
I hope someone from ETLO is monitoring this thread. Would be nice to know if TOTD and Cherohala Skyway drives are planned as part of the official LOG event itinerary. If not, then will need to plan on coming up a day earlier to drive those roads. Been on them with my NSX but not yet with the Esprit!

· Registered
1,082 Posts
I hope someone from ETLO is monitoring this thread. Would be nice to know if TOTD and Cherohala Skyway drives are planned as part of the official LOG event itinerary. If not, then will need to plan on coming up a day earlier to drive those roads. Been on them with my NSX but not yet with the Esprit!
For the past 2 LOGs I've been to the event schedule always has an open "Scenic drives" entry. Then groups would get together to drive various routes

· Registered
80 Posts
The dragon is 40 miles from my house. It's fantastic. I get off at 11:30 on Fridays. Sometimes I run out and back on my way home. I prefer the off season. I've actually made it to NC and back without catching a single car before. It's crowded in the summer. If you're going to do it on a weekend in August, I'd meet at the parking lot before dawn. Inevitably, you will catch someone that will refuse to pull over. I used to stop for a minute or so and then run them down again. Now I just turn around. That will be impossible with a group. Does anyone know if Flatrock is the planned track day venue?

Kevin

· Registered
2017 Evora 400
6,021 Posts
There will be numerous drives designed including all of the great roads in the area, but they'll be self guided. No group drives are currently planned.

· Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
1,155 Posts
Knoxville can be very sticky and humid in summer - it's in a river valley on the wet (west) side of the Appalachians. I was there (at U Tenn) for an event at the end of July this year and it was hot, muggy, and rainy pretty much every day. Note that I'm saying this as someone who lives in Central Virginia - we do have humidity and thunderstorms here. Knoxville at the end of July reminded me a lot of tidewater VA in the summer, including a pretty reliable afternoon cloudburst.

It's bearable without A/C, but a very damp experience, and you'll have to be careful to keep your water intake up.

· 6.94915254 lbs/hp
2,179 Posts
Knoxville can be very sticky and humid in summer - it's in a river valley on the wet (west) side of the Appalachians. I was there (at U Tenn) for an event at the end of July this year and it was hot, muggy, and rainy pretty much every day. Note that I'm saying this as someone who lives in Central Virginia - we do have humidity and thunderstorms here. Knoxville at the end of July reminded me a lot of tidewater VA in the summer, including a pretty reliable afternoon cloudburst.

It's bearable without A/C, but a very damp experience, and you'll have to be careful to keep your water intake up.
This is why I’m doing a whole bunch of AC mods this spring! …Plus I live in Nashville where it’s regularly hot enough to justify improving the AC.

Funny enough I was trying to put together a group drive with some friends this summer at the dragon which fell through from lack of interest. While planning I put together a list of the best weekends weather-wise using the past 10 year daily weather. Per the results, this is one of the better weekends with 10 year average highs of 80F and 0.01” of rain (at the dragon). Knoxville will likely be hotter though.

· Registered
134 Posts
There will be numerous drives designed including all of the great roads in the area, but they'll be self guided. No group drives are currently planned.
Coming up from Charlotte, so I'll maybe stay in Cherokee on Thursday night and drive up to TN thru TOTD/Cherohala on Friday, then see who wants to do the drive together during the event weekend. Then come home thru TOTD on Monday. It will be my first LOG so didn't know how the scenic drives are coordinated.

· Registered
2013 Lotus Evora S- Carbon Grey SOLD 2020 Lotus Evora GT Olive Green
469 Posts
This is why I’m doing a whole bunch of AC mods this spring! …Plus I live in Nashville where it’s regularly hot enough to justify improving the AC.

Funny enough I was trying to put together a group drive with some friends this summer at the dragon which fell through from lack of interest. While planning I put together a list of the best weekends weather-wise using the past 10 year daily weather. Per the results, this is one of the better weekends with 10 year average highs of 80F and 0.01” of rain (at the dragon). Knoxville will likely be hotter though.
Hey us IL and WI people are planning to do drives while we are at LOG and most of us are also taking some extra time after to do some more drives. If you are interested in joining us and you already know how we roll from past drives in WI and IL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 23 Posts