The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, they have announced that the LOG35 will be in Colorado, and I want to go. I am in the DC area and thinking we can start tossing around some fun ideas.

So far, I know a crazy redneck in Indiana where we can camp one night. He has a "racetrack" and some cars we can probably toss around. Or any support vehicles.

The next day could possibly be a visit to BOE to pick up Phil. Phil, this is my formal invitation to you.

Then we'd land in CO the next day for those festivities and then the return trip.

My thinking is that Almighty, Fermi, Silver Surfer, etc should go or be excluded from all future outings, right? Along the way, we could pick up anyone who wants to join. For now, I just want to see how feasible such a trip is, what kind of interest there will be, those sorta things so people can take time off of work and book the hotel in CO before it fills up

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Book your hotel now. It's refundable.

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Book your hotel now. It's refundable.

Exactly. I've booked mine already. Although it will happen, I'm trying to minimize the number of guys/gals on the east coast who decide at the last minute they want to go but can't get a room. The long drive IS possible!

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
Would it be crazy if we drove to you guys and then drove to Log35 together? I'm thinking of taking 2 weeks for that trip. May take a week to reach you guys..just cuz we never been across the country before. Something to think about.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Caravan

I am planning to head up a group leaving Chicago heading to CO for LOG. Let me know if you guys would want to stop through here and continue on.

I do not have farm land to camp in, but I do have some fun toys to look at if you stop through.

Bill Nuccio

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am planning to head up a group leaving Chicago heading to CO for LOG. Let me know if you guys would want to stop through here and continue on.

I do not have farm land to camp in, but I do have some fun toys to look at if you stop through.

Bill Nuccio

My brother and his wife live in Chicago, so I was already thinking of that one. Kinda turns it into a tour of America, haha

·
Registered
256 Posts
Biggest LOG ever? Let's have a pre-LOG35 warmup!

I hear there will be some caravans trekking to CO Springs from the West Coast, too. Maybe, there is a chance to meet somewhere along the Continental Divide with the East Coast trekkers and have a pre-LOG35 warmup and then forcefully conquer the event together? I'm planning on a 10-14 day road trip myself and need to fill the calendar. LOG27 (Aspen/Snowmass) was my first and only long road trip I ever undertook in the Elise and I am longing for another one. Any votes?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
I hear there will be some caravans trekking to CO Springs from the West Coast, too. Maybe, there is a chance to meet somewhere along the Continental Divide with the East Coast trekkers and have a pre-LOG35 warmup and then forcefully conquer the event together? I'm planning on a 10-14 day road trip myself and need to fill the calendar. LOG27 (Aspen/Snowmass) was my first and only long road trip I ever undertook in the Elise and I am longing for another one. Any votes?
Cool idea, but the continental divide is quite a ways (hours) west of Colorado Springs so you won't be getting east coast caravans to meet you there (I think?).

Taking a scenic route through western Colorado will take a couple days (longer if you spend time in any cities along the way) but is totally worth it. Avoid I-70 and enjoy some of the great back roads we have to offer. Our local club can help with road suggestions if needed.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cool idea, but the continental divide is quite a ways (hours) west of Colorado Springs so you won't be getting east coast caravans to meet you there (I think).
True, Matt. What if we all were to meet Friday morning on top of Mt. Evans (14,264 ft), the highest paved and drivable road in No. America, and get the real "Rocky Mtn. High" experience out of the way? From there it's around 130 mi. to CO Springs and we can easily make the LOG35 registration in the afternoon. Anyone up for it?

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm up for it. We can meet you in Rocklin and plan a drive to log35. We dont camp though, so maybe a nearby hotel.
John, glad you'd like to join in. No, camping on this trip would not be part of my planning either. Depending on how big the group will grow, we might have to do more detail work on logistics leading up to the event.

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
What days are you guys booking your hotel for? Is it 20th-24th or 21st to 24th or is there some post events in Colorado? I want to book, but not sure for which days.

·
Registered
256 Posts
What days are you guys booking your hotel for? Is it 20th-24th or 21st to 24th or is there some post events in Colorado? I want to book, but not sure for which days.
Well, after checking LOG35's itinerary, I'm a little confused, too.
LOG35 - Hotel
According to their schedule, registration starts at noon on Fri, Aug. 21, and ends at 5:30pm. I have no idea where the Thursday, Aug. 20, date comes from. I guess, we have to see if their schedule changes. As far as I'm concerned, I tend to believe Fri, Aug. 21, 2015 should be the check-in date/time and Mon, Aug. 24, 2015 should be the check-out date. Maybe the hotel knows better?

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Well, after checking LOG35's itinerary, I'm a little confused, too.
LOG35 - Hotel
According to their schedule, registration starts at noon on Fri, Aug. 21, and ends at 5:30pm. I have no idea where the Thursday, Aug. 20, date comes from. I guess, we have to see if their schedule changes. As far as I'm concerned, I tend to believe Fri, Aug. 21, 2015 should be the check-in date/time and Mon, Aug. 24, 2015 should be the check-out date. Maybe the hotel knows better?
Right, it's a Friday through Monday event...I'm not sure where the Thursday talk is coming from. If you're doing the track day on Monday, you might want to check out on Tuesday instead.

·
Registered
465 Posts
... If you're doing the track day on Monday, you might want to check out on Tuesday instead.
Good idea Matt. That is how I booked before seeing this thread.

Pikes Peak International Raceway is only about 1/2 hour from the Marriott host hotel. Way nicer to leave the luggage at the hotel and have the room lined up after a tiring day. For those not doing the Track Day, I just noticed the schedule also includes Scenic Drives on Monday, followed by cocktails at six at the host hotel. Pretty much a perfect Lotus day either way! :) Would be leaving town Tuesday AM.

LOG35 - Hotel

Love the interest from around the country. I will be heading south, probably through Montana, Idaho and Utah.

Stu

·
Illegal Alien
4,716 Posts
Any southerns taking the I20 - I30 through Texas?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts