The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve spent the last 2+ years restoring a 1972 Lotus Europa which I planned on taking to LOG39. A number of PALS members and I had planned a “road trip” to and from LOG with all of us traveling together. We were leaving on Thursday morning from my house in Princeton. I finished my restoration on Wednesday night......
My entire restoration is well documented on the Europa.org web site, but for the sake of just giving you the LOG39 part of my “blog” start at this point to read all about the adventures of going to LOG39.
Restoration of 2358R

Attachments

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I have only had to do restoration "light" on my recent project car. A 1989 Jaguar XJS. I told myself this wasn't a failure mode and I am not under pressure. It certainly isn't done, but it is "more or less" road worthy as of date.

I can't imagine the satisfaction you must be feeling, and the excitement of sharing it with the community at LOG.

I only experienced a LOG from the sidelines in Asheville a few years ago. I should really carve out the time someday and attend. It was the first time I put my eyes on Europa's and I totally get it. The dimensions and everything really work in person. Congratulations on your hard work. I am going to check out your blog right now for a bit.

May the Lotus God's smile upon your voyage man!

·
Registered
354 Posts
I just completed 900 mile round trip to LOG39 in my '73 Elan Sprint leading a road trip group of 6 other vintage Lotus.
The road trip to and from LOG included stops at Woodstock (Bethel Arts), Wayne Carini's F40 Motor Sports (Chasing Classic Cars), Walkway over the Hudson in Poughkeepsie, NY, scenic vista overlooks, great eateries, all backroad country "Lotus" roads, Lime Rock Speedway, covered bridges, mountain passes, and oh so much more...
My navigator Chris and I in my Sprint took 1st place in the Road Ralley.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts