1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lotus Owners Gathering 39
Sturbridge, MA
August 23-26, 2019

Please join Lotus Ltd and its members from all regions in Sturbridge, MA for the 39th annual Lotus Owners Gathering.
You can register for LOG 39 at Lotus Ltd.

This years LOG is being hosted by the New England Lotus Lovers, Inc. (NELLI), and the New England Members of Lotus Ltd. (NEMOLL). Lotus Ltd. invites you to this crossroad for Lotus enthusiasts from the northeast United States and eastern Canada.

The location was chosen for the classic rural northeast setting while keeping the proximity to many popular New England destinations such as the Old Sturbridge Village. You can relax by the lake at the Sturbridge Host Hotel or unwind your gearbox via a variety of back roads to visit the Higgins Armory collection, the Yankee Candle Co., or Purgatory Chasm just to name a few of the wonderful destinations within a short drive from the host hotel.

Planning for LOG 39 naturally gravitated toward Sturbridge because it is central to a passion Lotus owners share. DRIVING. The area is well suited to the Sunday Rally and self-guided tours.

Don't miss the Friday reception to catch up with old friends and share plans for the days ahead. Dave Minter, instrumental in the design of the Elise is scheduled to talk to those at the Friday reception about his time a Lotus Cars. The Saturday banquet will provide us time for a wonderful dinner and we will hear from our guest speaker, Lotus F1 pilot Martin Donnelly. Bob Dance, F1 chief mechanic to Jim Clark, Graham Hill, Mario Andretti and Aryton Senna will also be on hand to field your questions about his time with Team Lotus. Noted Lotus personality Richard Parramint will be on hand to help us with the festivities on Saturday night. We'll end each day with opportunity for everyone to reflect on the day's events in the many places around the host hotel. You can continue to discuss all things Lotus during the buffet dinner on Sunday, alongside the indoor heated pool, and over informal cocktails and dinner in the Oxhead Tavern on Monday after the day's events at Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park.

Speaking of Thompson Speedway Motorsports Park, it is a short, scenic drive from the host hotel to Thompson. A racetrack since 1939, it is home to the first road course of its kind in the USA. Thompson Speedway spans four generations of continued family ownership and provides 1.7 challenging miles less than 50 minutes from Boston, Hartford, and Providence. It's no surprise why so many Lotus local events continue to use this wonderful facility. We're looking forward to host our fellow LOG 39 attendees in this historic location for the Saturday Concours, Sunday's Safe Drivers-Safe Families, LOG 39 Autocross, and Monday's Performance Driver Education and Performance Driving Experience.

Please register for LOG 39 by going to the Lotus Ltd Website and use our online website registration process. If you would like to register the old fashioned way with pen and paper, you can download one of our registration forms from the Lotus Ltd website and mail it into Lotus Ltd HQ. Registration is open now!

Our room block at the Sturbridge Host Hotel closes August 8th, so please make your reservations by calling the hotel directly at 1-508-347-7393 and asking for the $112 per night per single or double occupancy "Lotus Limited Room Block" rate. Please note, our hotel block will sell out so book your rooms early.

If this is your first LOG, welcome! If this is your 2nd, 3rd or 23rd LOG, welcome back!

Please go to www.lotusltd.com for more information.

See you at Lotus Owners Gathering 39!!!!!

·
Parts Finder
238 Posts
We need to join Log39 to register to attend. I’m in the Rochester NY area (LOONY) but have not joined that group yet because web page is still last years.

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We need to join Log39 to register to attend. I’m in the Rochester NY area (LOONY) but have not joined that group yet because web page is still last years.
You only need to join Lotus Ltd. Membership in a local chapter is a separate aspect. If you have any issues with joining Lotus ltd., send me a PM.

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This link https://lotusltd.com/log39/ doesn't work for non-members of LL?
It should. It's the first link in the thread and I just edited it to make that more clear. There are links on that page to register and the link to join Lotus Ltd. is in the nav bar.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Shawn, excellent job on the video and post!!

·
Super Moderator
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We are less than a month away from the early bird deadline of June 15th for LOG 39 registration. The host hotel is now 70% filled and time is ticking.

You can register for LOG 39 now at the Lotus Ltd. Website links above.

You can make hotel reservations by calling the Sturbridge hotel directly at 1-508-347-7393.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I will not be able to make LOG because I am currently overseas, however, I just registered as a member. I can't believe I am 3 deep in the garage and I hadn't registered before. @Partsfinder - Even though I am in Texas, you put this event in the Finger Lakes region (read Watkins Glen) and I am there. If we could block the Harbor hotel parking it would be a great venue (I think they have just over 100 parking spots in the main parking lot.)

·
Illegal Alien
4,745 Posts
I'm going and signed up for Thompson on Monday. Driving out from Texas on the 20th

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Car going back to Secor Friday. Hopefully they get things fixed or I won't be able to do 3 trACK DAYS IN THAT WINDOW. MAY BE A LAST MINUTE DECISION AS i AM 75 MINUTES AWAY.

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
Car going back to Secor Friday. Hopefully they get things fixed or I won't be able to do 3 trACK DAYS IN THAT WINDOW. MAY BE A LAST MINUTE DECISION AS i AM 75 MINUTES AWAY.
Where else are you running to get three track days in? I'm planning on running Monday at Thompson and 9/2 & 3 at The Glenn.

Later,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
I will be with SCDA at Thompson on Saturday. LOG Sun/Mon if needed (and have my car back) and Monday with SCDA at LRP if I have my car and not needed at LOG. Everything is up in the air because of the WRENCH!!! CANBUS error is under investigation by Lotus as I have a chronic red brake light that has been present for a year but the other issues, I suspect, have been lurking for a while and finally decided to surface. Car is definitely compromised now! Been a great car for 6 years, just bad timing for all of these events!!!

I was only a member of a JAGUAR club for ~2years (JCSNE) and discovered it to be overrun with OCD types so I bailed. I had never even considered a Lotus Club till Julian asked me if I'd be at LOG. No idea it was in Sturbridge. Then I realized it would be great to meet a bunch of you folks finally. UGHHH

·
Premium Member
1,115 Posts
I will be with SCDA at Thompson on Saturday. LOG Sun/Mon if needed (and have my car back) and Monday with SCDA at LRP if I have my car and not needed at LOG. Everything is up in the air because of the WRENCH!!! CANBUS error is under investigation by Lotus as I have a chronic red brake light that has been present for a year but the other issues, I suspect, have been lurking for a while and finally decided to surface. Car is definitely compromised now! Been a great car for 6 years, just bad timing for all of these events!!!

I was only a member of a ag club for ~2years (JCSNE) and discovered it to be overrun with OCD types so I bailed. I had never even considered a Lotus Club till Julian asked me if I'd be at LOG. No idea it was in Sturbridge. Then I realized it would be great to meet a bunch of you folks finally. UGHHH
Hopefully, they get the problem solved and fixed before LOG. I believe LOG is using Thompson on Sunday for pictures and an Auto-X. Monday is the track day so I guess you have to decide between Thompson or Lime Rock.

Hope to see you there,
Eldon

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts

I was only a member of a ag club for ~2years (JCSNE) and discovered it to be overrun with OCD types so I bailed. I had never even considered a Lotus Club till Julian asked me if I'd be at LOG. No idea it was in Sturbridge. Then I realized it would be great to meet a bunch of you folks finally. UGHHH
Hope you get it fixed in time

Lotus people are not like Jag people. While there are some OCD types, mostly really fun and relaxed.

I have many 35+ year friendships. This will be like my 26th LOG[Or something like that] which included a string of like 22 in a row, but the kids came along, and houses and....

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
My hope, if fixed, is to be at Thompson on Monday to instruct.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I am pretty booked up but Saturday is free, think I'll swing by the hotel in the AM and drive in with the group to Thompson and hang out for lunch.

Looks like signup online is closed, that form is all I need to bring with me on Saturday (and obviously the $)?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Is there a site that this years, "LOG" pictures are being posted? Also, if anyone is at LOG Saturday, please post when and where, "LOG" 2020 will be. Cannot be at, "LOG" this year, but next year......
Thank you for the information. Steve V.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts