The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,609 Posts
Anyone get their lap times?
I have one lap of 2:21 at least - trying to sift through my video for other laps.
Had a pair of 2:21s that I’ll put up video on later. My clutch was acting up and down shifts took a bit more concentration than normal. Guessing there’s at least 5-10 seconds out there.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My best was 2:28.73
Here's my video contribution.

I start with a trip down pit road. On track, I hit the long straight too far behind a couple of guys to get past them. A few turns later, LostPawn has caught us and I get past the two in front of me. I probably shouldn't have passed the Exige under braking. Then I show the next lap in full. LostPawn farts flames as he goes by, perhaps because I stayed on full throttle. An Esprit tries to disappear. I hang with LostPawn through turns 1 to 5. His superior tires finally do the trick in the hairpins and he opens some space. (I'm on 460 treadwear Dunlops.) We catch more traffic and get separated a bit further. I continue to the end of the straight to show my top speed for the day. (Given the length of the straight, I expected to go faster.) Not my fastest laps, but I thoroughly enjoyed them.

I had lots of issues over the course of the day and will have it all written up on the blog soon.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,892 Posts
I really enjoyed this track too. My best was a 2:19.06. Unfortunately, my transmission kept getting hot and throwing a code on the dash. TJ and Dave cleared it each time, but I've never had that happen before during a track day.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Finally posted my lap:
I don't know why Youtube seems to take my video down to SD from HD (albeit 720p).
After watching, I see lots of areas for improvement. Too much coasting!
Takes YouTube a little bit of time to process your video at source resolution but it will have the HD version up relatively soon after uploading.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts