The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grey manual FE sitting in front of the lodge. Sign ups were today for Sunday drive slots.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Grey
1,110 Posts
What I want to know is the seating position. Are the seats taller like in the 400/GT Sparco seats or lower to the ground like the NA/S Recaro seats? Literally this would be a dealbreaker for me in the future.

But I’m glad that people will finally get to see and drive an Emira in the states! Be sure to post as many photos inside and out as they’ll allow.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There may be more coming.

·
Registered
8,017 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Reactions: JMack77

·
Administrator
13,485 Posts
When we signed up at noon today all three days were offered but Saturday drives were going to be shorter drives. By late afternoon all that was left were Monday drives. Unfortunately Sunday and Monday are forecast to be wet. We opted for Sunday drive in drizzle.

Reactions: RodneyAE

·
Registered
326 Posts
anyone know how close to production specs this is?
This is 100% production model as stated above for the European market

What I want to know is the seating position. Are the seats taller like in the 400/GT Sparco seats or lower to the ground like the NA/S Recaro seats? Literally this would be a dealbreaker for me in the future.

But I’m glad that people will finally get to see and drive an Emira in the states! Be sure to post as many photos inside and out as they’ll allow.
I was able to sit in both driver and passenger side...my first impression...refinement and luxury. The car is VERY well put together, almost uncanny for a Lotus...I love the attention to detail they put into the interior. The alcantara has a very nice soft feel (coming from a leather 400) and the seats are pretty fat, but plush, comfortable and hug you well (my wife said she could take a nap in one)...as far as seating position, not sure if you can tell from the pictures but it feels higher than the 400 sparcos, I feel like it would be a great and comfortable daily driver.
The test drives were fully booked up until Monday evening, but I didn't need to drive it to tell that it wasn't going to feel as raw and bare bones as the Evora...someone I didn't know sat in the driver seat, took one feel of the steering wheel and said 'nope, def not getting one....not as bare bones'

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Steering part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Sky Automotive design

·
Administrator
13,485 Posts
I talked with one of the rep's after sitting in it asking about the lumbar support if it was adjustable. He said yes...good it was to high up and firm for my back. I'll know more tomorrow with test drive.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I sat in one earlier this year but forgot to pay attention. Is the steering wheel still a bit offset to the right of the seat? I have wide shoulders and that is a big bother to me with the Evora.
Hmm never noticed that in mine...didn't feel off. Not sure if you can tell with the pics above

1 - 20 of 59 Posts