The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few owners in my area, any locals to Long Beach wanna plan a meet or something? Post if interested.:wave:

Just bought an 06 Black Exige about a month ago, it'd be nice to hear/share some stories/reviews/recommendations for parts/accessories, etc.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'm another new owner (05' Elise), not sure if you're looking just for other Exige owners but if not, count me in. I'm over in Signal Hill.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, awesome. I'm actually from Bellflower, but I pass by signal hill whenever I visit the girlfriend. Unfortunately i'm usually in my Celica (DD), we should try to find a few more people and meet up for some coffee/drinks.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Sounds good man :D 5 Guys Burgers over on Candlewood in Lakewood would probably work (Starbucks, Chick-Fil-A and George's Greek all right near each other).

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
oh yeah, sounds great!! Although, I do remember the driveways to get in there were pretty steep.

Few things I'd like to see what other local owners have done regarding:
Paint protective film
Battery and tie downs
Key Cutting (At this time I only have one key that works)
Toe link fixes

my car currently has some battery issues (braille B106 won't really hold a charge) so I have a Chimera RBS on the way. With any luck, I'll see you soon.

~kim

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, we got time and if not there will probably be another. nothing set in stone yet, probably wait till be get about 4-5 people at least.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
Why don't you guys come to C&C irvine next week. There is a group of us in orange county that meet regularly. You guys should come down and meet with us.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Is everyone cool with the Lakewood meeting area?

5 guys or similar places are good, we'll be able to check out other cars while we order and eat. I didn't realize there were this many owners in the area.

C&C is awesome, but I kind of wanted to stay local and keep the groups smaller to elise/exige. although others are welcome

·
Back to the Future, again
6,155 Posts
Only bad thing about the 5-guys is that it's in a strip mall with tons of other cars and generally bad parking. Stand alone restaurants are you best bet, but it's your meet, your call.

You talking about the one on South Street in Cerritos? That's the closest one to Lakewood off Candlewood that I can find.

·
Registered
969 Posts
They just put up a new 5 Guys on Candlewood right between Lakewood Blvd and Clark. Parking there might not be a total tragedy if we can somehow snake the spots in front. There's a nice line of spaces with nothing in front/behind that'd look badass filled with Lotus (Loti?rotfl).

I too would like to chug down to the C&C in Irvine but my initial preference would be to stay semi-local (Lakewood/Long Beach/Cerritos). Just my .02, I'll go wherever ultimately.

If you guys like Greek, George's across the street on Candlewood has some great food, outdoor seating (mostly unobstructed) and reasonable parking for a line-up, downside is the ability to have cars parked behind us.

EDIT: And yeah, the 5 Guys in Cerritos by the mall would be a total nightmare, just remembered how bad the parking is there.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Only bad thing about the 5-guys is that it's in a strip mall with tons of other cars and generally bad parking. Stand alone restaurants are you best bet, but it's your meet, your call.

You talking about the one on South Street in Cerritos? That's the closest one to Lakewood off Candlewood that I can find.
I'm definitely open to suggestions, I just wanted to make it best for everyone.

Ideally we could find a location that serves some nice fast food and drinks, close to long beach/cerritos/lakewood area and has great parking.

I've never had greek food, I'd be up for it. I'll have to check into the parking lot there, but i've never seen it too full whenever I pass by.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Central location idea - There's a bunch of restaurants around Lakewood Mall, Candlewood St., between Lakewood and Clark: Chili's, Fuddruckers, Elephant Bar, etc....plenty of parking spaces

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
right, thats exactly where 5 guys and Georges that 451 was refering too. I looked into the lot in front of George's and there is a small island that can is isolated parking for 7 cars and if we can't get that we can always just park in the spaces along the street. The emphasis here is that we're not spread all over, having to go place to place just to see another car.

any time and day best? I think I'm free this sunday, if that place serves breakfast I wouldn't mind an earlier meeting time, but i'm not opposed to a weekday night either.

·
Registered
969 Posts
George's has a buffet on Sundays (as does East Side Mario's across the street). Haven't had it, but if it's anything like their lunch/dinner it should be pretty good.

Sundays/Weeknights work for me (depending on workload).

1 - 20 of 44 Posts