The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m flying to Phoenix AZ to pick up a, new to me, 1991 Elan M100, bought off eBay.

Looking for suggestions on what to bring/get there, before heading back to Atlanta GA, 1860 miles away.

I’m thinking toolkit and roll of duct tape. A towel, in case of rain and leaky window seals. Maybe an air filter and oil filter for a quick change before hitting the road?

Anything M100 drivers were glad they had or wish they had on a long trip?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’m flying to Phoenix AZ to pick up a, new to me, 1991 Elan M100, bought off eBay.

Looking for suggestions on what to bring/get there, before heading back to Atlanta GA, 1860 miles away.

I’m thinking toolkit and roll of duct tape. A towel, in case of rain and leaky window seals. Maybe an air filter and oil filter for a quick change before hitting the road?

Anything M100 drivers were glad they had or wish they had on a long trip?

Thanks.
Cool, I think I saw that one on eBay, with an upgraded header tank? Hope it is as good as it looks! Probably too late but, but if your route goes through Austin, TX you are welcome to borrow anything in the toolshed. I'm restoring an M100 myself, so I have the commonly used things at hand. If you did complete the trip already, congrats! Anything to share with folks that might think of doing the same?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool, I think I saw that one on eBay, with an upgraded header tank? Hope it is as good as it looks! Probably too late but, but if your route goes through Austin, TX you are welcome to borrow anything in the toolshed. I'm restoring an M100 myself, so I have the commonly used things at hand. If you did complete the trip already, congrats! Anything to share with folks that might think of doing the same?
Thanks. I went through Texas last Wednesday. Made it home without needing any special M100 parts. I had my trusty Lotus Ltd Club Roster (where people have volunteered to help fellow Lotus owners) on hand, but didn't have to use it.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
If there are no records, get the belt changed

13 years 55k miles, one tow for my M100.
parked at a weird angle and slammed the door, kicked the inertia switch. figured it out minutes after i got it home.

Miss having a true open top car, but too many cars....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts