The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Persian Blue Elise R(S)
819 Posts
I'm in and bringing the suds! Any special requests?

Thanks Junior!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well, there doesn't seem to be too many special requests......

Junior, what time are we looking at?

I will want to come a little earlier so you can direct me to the local beer/beverage center, so I can pick up some reffeshments (special requests or not). I won't be able to pick up in Jersey 'cause I don't think that they would survive the 2 hour drive in the boot of my Elise!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Good call Street! I'll give you a call later this week and we can make arrangements.

JNR, what time dude?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Is anyone bringing their lady friend/girlfriend/wife with them?

My girlfriend will be home with me that weekend and is slightly concerned she'll be the only female....

·
Registered
819 Posts
Sorry Troy, I'll be flying solo Sunday.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Guys, apologies but I won't be able to make it. With the newborn (5 weeks already!) and the in-laws in town + a boring commitment I had forgotten about I won't be able to join you. I was looking fwd to catching up with you all but it's proving tricky this time. But keep me posted and let's organize the Bear Mountain run in the coming weeks!

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Guys, apologies but I won't be able to make it. With the newborn (5 weeks already!) and the in-laws in town + a boring commitment I had forgotten about I won't be able to join you. I was looking fwd to catching up with you all but it's proving tricky this time. But keep me posted and let's organize the Bear Mountain run in the coming weeks!
No understood congrats on the lil guy!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Well, I have one hour to post this before Junior gets to bust my chops. Had problems with my laptop and I think I got it. :huh:

First of all, many thanks to our gracious host for providing for all. Junior, you are da MAN! (next time, we have you covered, Francisco will pick up the tab!). :bow::bow::bow:

Second of all, thanks for all who showed up, new faces, old faces and some really old faces (I said it first so you couldn't). :rolleyes:

The weather was hot but bearable, the burgers and hot dogs were delectable and the beer was cold. What more could you ask for? Loti that's what. 7 to be exact. :coolnana:

Well here are the pictures as promised and I do have to apologize. It seems that I have been appointed as the official photographer. Okay, I can deal with that but I have already failed at my new post. I did not get the "group shot". So I ask all of you to close your eyes remember each and everyone of us in your mind and click, there's the group shot. That's the best I can do.

Oh yeah, some personal observations and comments:
1. Junior, I don't have to do a mod on my exhaust, all I have to do is stay close to both Francisco and Kevin, they make enough noise for the 3 of us. By the way, I had a blast following you guys on the LIE!!!
2. Kevin, I told you, the second we put the top on, that it wouldn't rain.
3. Following Kevin through, first, the Mid-Town Tunnel, then across the city on 34th St. and finally coming through the Lincoln Tunnel was definetly a trip and Kevin is right, no pot holes on 34th! Troy, you gotta try it. But there was plenty of stop and go traffic which was okay 'cause it gave people plenty of time to tell us how much they liked our cars. "A Lotus? Who makes those?".
4. Bear Mountain Meet, will probably be in the beginning of September, we are working on the exact date and route. Details to be forthcoming.

Enough already, here:

The Loti, Junior's shop and guess who going guess where?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts