The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just finished install the schroth 4 point ASM harness on my exige. After I tighten the lap belt around my pelvis there seems to be a lot of extra harness left over. The lap belts and shoulder belts are nice and tight so fitment is good, but Im just worried about all that extra slack getting in the way of things during driving. Does anyone else have this same problem?
I've taken a picture of how the belts are when correctly tightened around my waist.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
I think pretty much everyone has this problem. Not entirely sure what others do, but I rolled mine up neatly and used several zip ties which works fine for me. Looks like there is something on the end of your lap belts though that I do not have.

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Well all have this issue. The cars are so small and we're so close to the belt location that this is just how it is. I just tuck them to the side when done, never been an issue for me at all. Remember these belts could be used in many other/bigger cars.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies! Glad this is normal and not due to incorrect installation.
The things at the end of the lap belts are little plastic handles that are suppose to help you grip the belt as you are tightening it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts