The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is long overdue but we've been busy the last couple of weeks moving.

On 5/15 we took delivery from FVMC our new Krypton Green 2007 Exige S :coolnana:

We waited for the truck with along with MNLotus who was getting his sweet looking Elise back FVMC along with tdl who was sending his Elise back for some warranty work. Later ishael showed up also to give tdl a ride home. We also enjoyed meeting FVMC's driver Aaron. Great to meet all of you guys!

We successfully made the 30 mile ride back home from the pick up point. Has anyone ever noticed that we attract a lot of attention? We love the car so far as it seems to be running great. Unfortunately due to our move we've only had it out twice but we're hoping to change that this weekend.

Issues after getting it home.

1) The carpet in the trunk was all wet from we guess a pre delivery wash by FVMC. It must of been like that for a day or so because it had a musty smell. We had to remove all the carpet and wipe everything down including some of the wiring loom tape that had some mildew. The tool kit was lose and had become wet. Also the four bolts that hold the wing on had developed some corrosion. Rick at FVMC is getting us a replacement kit and bolts. Does any one know how to get the mildew smell out of the carpet? Otherwise we'll also need to get replacement carpet.

2) We also noticed a couple of light scratches on the horizontal panel behind the drivers door that FVMC will fix for us when it's back for service. That's unless we get up the nerve to try and polish out ourselves.

Comments so far:

1) Maybe because I drove a Fiero for 15 years, but I don't think it's that the ride is that stiff and the engine noise is that loud at all. From all the comments on the forums here we were expecting a lot worse.

2) For me the lack of rear visibility is a "non factor", driving a truck with toppers and a RV for years has cured me of that.

3) Loving how "raw" and "minimal" the Exige is, this is really going to be fun.

4) We have a front tow hook and OCC kit on order :D

5) I've already scratched the sill with my big foot getting in :mad:

6) Rick and FVMC has been wonderful to work with so far and we would highly recommend them! :up:

We'll keep everyone up to date and I'm sure be asking for help once in a while, enjoy the photos.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

edit: oops I was curious about the CO S wheels, but it looks like the owner just had the insides painted black. Interesting effect.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
congratulations on the car...looks great.....

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
:clap: glad your enjoying your beautiful new Exige S. Now go put some miles on it!!!!:shift:

if you need anything else let us know.:D

T.J.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Congrats on finally taking delivery of your new Lotus! :clap:

Funny, you mentioning the Fiero. I too, have owned Fiero's since the 1st one came out in '84. My latest is now in my son's hands. A FULLY RESTORED to the "T" '86 GT. I've been trying to get our 2 cars together for some pic's, but we never seem to make that happen. I swear, they turn 18, and all of a sudden, just no more time for the ol' man! :( He is "listed" though, on some boards somewhere as "FastandFiero", and I think if you google that, you can find him and some picture of that too, there.

This car really only compares to the fiero though, in "layout". Otherwise, your gonna find really, there is no comparison at all to the real performance of yer new Exige. Fiero's were a really great idea and vehicle for their time, for sure. But just too heavy to do what these cars (and you'll soon see!) now here do.

Get out there, and get those miles cranking! :shift:

Drop us a line if you need anything at all.

Any decent commercial carpet cleaner BTW, SHOULD be able to take care of the boot carpet for you I would think, if you do a thorough enough job with it, in any case. FVMC should ship you a new replacement IMHO though. Have you asked them about that? They seem like a very "stand up" shop from everything I've heard, and with my one aftermarket experience with them so far as well, for my Stage-2.

CONGRATS AGAIN, and ENJOY 'er!! :coolnana:

Cheers,
-Grant

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Nice! Congrats!!
Wow that is a nice setup that Fox Valley has as well.

·
Registered
531 Posts
When people ask you where you got your car
you can tell them "I picked it up at wal-mart" rotfl

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Congrats on finally taking delivery of your new Lotus! :clap:

Funny, you mentioning the Fiero. I too, have owned Fiero's since the 1st one came out in '84. My latest is now in my son's hands. A FULLY RESTORED to the "T" '86 GT. I've been trying to get our 2 cars together for some pic's, but we never seem to make that happen. I swear, they turn 18, and all of a sudden, just no more time for the ol' man! :( He is "listed" though, on some boards somewhere as "FastandFiero", and I think if you google that, you can find him and some picture of that too, there.

This car really only compares to the fiero though, in "layout". Otherwise, your gonna find really, there is no comparison at all to the real performance of yer new Exige. Fiero's were a really great idea and vehicle for their time, for sure. But just too heavy to do what these cars (and you'll soon see!) now here do.
I bought brand new Fiero in 88 before they were all gone. I drove it daily for 13 years in Minnesota winters! Great car, loved it. Sold it to the local Fiero club.

Any decent commercial carpet cleaner BTW, SHOULD be able to take care of the boot carpet for you I would think, if you do a thorough enough job with it, in any case. FVMC should ship you a new replacement IMHO though. Have you asked them about that? They seem like a very "stand up" shop from everything I've heard, and with my one aftermarket experience with them so far as well, for my Stage-2.
I kind of would like new carpet, but maybe I'll try cleaning it.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
What wheels are on the orange Exige?

we had those wheels done by our local wheel guy. he just took the wheel coated it in black, (Has other colors too) then machined the top surface, and cleared coated it all. i really like the way they turned out.

T.J.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Glad to see your enjoying it. I'll take care of you on the carpet and the other issues, we talked about addressing that when you come down for the first service if thats still ok. Hope your move went well and that you have had some time to drive it!:shift:
Thanks again, Rick.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
it was nice meeting some of the local owners for the first time. i hope you guys enjoy the exige, it is a beautiful car. nice color choice too.
FVMC's service is amazing. funny how all the MN owners get their work done their when we have a dealership close.
Can't wait to go to some local meets!

Thanks again for the complements on my car. i love it more then ever! the exhaust sound is amazing and highly addicting. i have almost put 1000 miles on it since i picked her up.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
congrats on the Exige S

1 - 20 of 21 Posts