The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any idea how long we can expect replacement parts to be available?

I'm sure that many of us are thinking about keeping this car longer than 4 or 5 years. I could see keeping it 20 - 30 years.

What is Lotus' usual policy? What impact will the Toyota drivetrain have for parts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lotus does *NOT* give any warranty on parts supply. Even after 4 years, some parts are no more available and have to be sourced from OEMs. Be afraid. Even IF parts are available, lead time can be up to over 1 year. So I can only encourage every local group to pile up spare parts themselves.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
If Lotus wishes to enter the American Market they better figure something out. Telling people to ferret away parts so they dont have to wait a year will cause riots here in the US.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
If Lotus wishes to enter the American Market they better figure something out. Telling people to ferret away parts so they dont have to wait a year will cause riots here in the US.
Jenn: Is this why you are buying two of them, one to drive and one for a parts car?:D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Hell, unitil the late 90s. You could still get parts for the Europa/Elan at LCU!

Front body parts for the m100 are starting to get difficult to find, Citroen gearbox (pre-89-90 Esprits) and Renault gearboxes are starting to get difficult to get. All the body parts are still available.

Chris
89 days to go...............................

·
Registered
279 Posts
OneFastMiata said:

Lotus move to enter the American market can be a warranty for all of us that spare parts will be available for longer periods of time.

Since the 111R has a Toyota engine/gearbox, does anyone know what's Toyota's policy on that?

BR,

Theo

·
Registered
279 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
Don't all car makers have to guaranty the availability of parts for a minimum of 10 years if they want to sell their car here?

It might be true for large scale automotive companies. But I really don't know what happens with the remaining niche market, Lotus being a part of it too...

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
theob said:
It might be true for large scale automotive companies. But I really don't know what happens with the remaining niche market, Lotus being a part of it too...
I think it is a part of doing business for any cars wanting to be sold here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts